cPanel and Plesk import

Hello,
When will Cyberpanel’s website import feature from cPanel and plesk come?
Because there are hundreds of websitems in cPanel, it takes a lot of time to move to the individual cyberpanel how can I move them collectively?
Is the import feature coming?

This is not implemented yet and not in roadmap either but can be done if requested frequently, I will move this to feature request.

I think cPanel import would made things quite easier, Vesta has one and it works really well… not sure about Plesk as it is not widely used as cPanel. But cPanel import would be great!

I think cPanel import would made things quite easier, Vesta has one and it works really well.. not sure about Plesk as it is not widely used as cPanel. But cPanel import would be great!

Other panellas are not even in the foreground, just cyberpanel import feature should come :)))
Importing from other Panels like cPanel, Plesk, Maestro, DirectAdmin is absolutely crucial.
Priority should be cPanel of course :slight_smile:

I had to do that manually with 14 sites and some of them with sub domains, it will be nice to have a feature that can import from other panels like cPanel and Plesk to CyberPanel.

I had to do that manually with 14 sites and some of them with sub domains, it will be nice to have a feature that can import from other panels like cPanel and Plesk to CyberPanel.

I have so many more sites :slight_smile:
It would also be nice if there was auto SSL like cpanel: D

yes, this should be a must :smile: Thumbs up for this.

Did you see Cpanel’s Price hike recently? I guess many peoples will be wanting to switch panels because of this.
So I think it is a perfect opportunity to grub some users.

Cpanel Import should in top priority. and if possible add softaculous. And also try to make the whmcs Module work properly. And let’s see the rise in popularity and Hopefully License sells

Is it implemented yet? We have many vps clients that we want to move from cpanel to cyberpanel. But each of them has lots of cPanel account. It’s very time consuming and painful to move this much data manually. Please build the cPanel import too as fast as possible. Thanks.

@itnuthosting cPanel import tool is already available.

Correct @Luke007 , tool is already available → Auto import cPanel sites to CyberPanel - 04 - Websites - CyberPanel Community

We’ve restored some sites yesterday without any trouble. If you think something is not working, do let us know.

Hello Cyberpanel,

I think a tool have some bugs, i already send ticket and email, did you guy received it’s

It’s about addon domain and subdomain restore, maybe tool don’t understand, all addon domain was convert to subdomain

@thuanduongpa

In CyberPanel there is either main website or child-domain. There is no concept of addon domain in CyberPanel. So basically your main website will be created as website and rest will be its child-domains.

Do you see any other bugs?

@CyberPanel

Don’t see any bugs, just restore from Cpanel backup (include addon domain, subdomain) and it’s not restore correct (all restore to structure of subdomain, not addon domain), i hope you fix it to make this tool greater, also, i see in Cyberpanel has Addon domain, i can create addon domain normally, just cannot restore addon domain from cPanel backup

@thuanduongpa

As I said, we don’t have addon domains, we call them child-domains.

@CyberPanel

Hi, i know you call them child-domains

But when create addon domain (ie abc.com) on cPanel with main domain xyz.net, it’s will auto create a subdomain (ie abc.xyz.net), then using this tool it’s will create subdomain, not a domain

can you guide me how i can fix it?

@thuanduongpa

Sorry, CyberPanel don’t do this. But I can’t understand your use-case for this. It is possible we can add this feature later.

But if you create abc.com under xyz.net, its directory will be created under document root of main/master domain. Thus you can access contents through xyz.net/yourselectedfolder.

Please guide like the main domain is like w3services.net and subdomain is domain.w3services.net ( you call it child domain )

Will website user can able to create child domain like google.com ? or only XXX.w3services.net

In current time… we selling 1 domain hosting with an unlimited subdomain. How to create plan to serve this ?

They can create either google.com or XXX.w3services.net Both are allowed as child domains.

First time I tried to restore cPanel backup I got

[root@cp home]# mkdir backup
[root@cp home]# python /usr/local/CyberCP/plogical/cPanelImporter.py --path /home/backup
Backup logs to be generated in /home/cyberpanel/4511
Extracting main cPanel archive file: /home/backup/user1.tar.gz

/home/backup/user1.tar.gz successfully extracted.

Creating main account from archive file: /home/backup/user1.tar.gz

Failed to create main website from backup file /home/backup/user1.tar.gz, error message: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/backup/user1/userdata/main’.

[root@cp home]#

Second time it ends with

root@cp backup]# python /usr/local/CyberCP/plogical/cPanelImporter.py --path /home/backup
Backup logs to be generated in /home/cyberpanel/5055
Extracting main cPanel archive file: /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz

/home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz successfully extracted.

Creating main account from archive file: /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz

Detected main domain for this file is: user1.org.

Finding PHP version for user1.org.

PHP version of user1.org is PHP 7.1.

Finding Server Admin email for user1.org.

Server Admin email for user1.org is [email protected].

Calling core to create user1.org.

Running some checks…,0

This website already exists. [404]

Failed to create main site user1.org from archive file: /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz

[root@cp backup]# python /usr/local/CyberCP/plogical/cPanelImporter.py --path /home/backup
Backup logs to be generated in /home/cyberpanel/6900
Extracting main cPanel archive file: /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz

/home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz successfully extracted.

Creating main account from archive file: /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz

Detected main domain for this file is: user1.org.

Finding PHP version for user1.org.

PHP version of user1.org is PHP 7.1.

Finding Server Admin email for user1.org.

Server Admin email for user1.org is [email protected].

Calling core to create user1.org.

Running some checks…,0

Creating DNS records…,10

Setting up directories…,25

Creating configurations…,50

[OK] Send SIGUSR1 to 848
DKIM Setup…,90

Website successfully created. [200]

Successfully created user1.org from core.

Detecting SSL for user1.org.

SSL found for user1.org, setting up.

[OK] Send SIGUSR1 to 903
1,None
SSL set up OK for user1.org.

Restoring document root files for user1.org.

Main site user1.org created from archive file: /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz

Creating child domains from archive file: /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz

Finding Addon/Subdomains from backup file /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz. Account main domain was user1.org.

Following Addon/Subdomains found for backup file /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz. Account main domain was user1.org.

Starting Addon/Subdomains creation from backup file /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz. Account main domain was user1.org.

We are going to create DNS records now, please note we will not create DKIM records. Make sure to create them from CyberPanel interface using our DKIM manager.

Restoring databases from /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz.

Restoring MySQL dump for user1_162.

MySQL dump successfully restored for user1_162.

Restoring MySQL dump for user1_wp685.

MySQL dump successfully restored for user1_wp685.

Creating Database users from backup file /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz.

Failed to retore databases from file /home/backup/cpmove-user1.tar.gz, error message: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/backup/cpmove-user1/mysql.sql’.

So it restored but not the MySQL database.

PS the CyberPanel demo is not working.

I mentioned the issues at https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1774552

CyberPanel looks promising. Keep up the great work!

Best regards,
Christopher Smith