Connecting to Online PHPMyAdmin using Local Machine

So I have been fighting this for some time now and I can’t seem to figure out how to properly connect to an online instance of PHPMyAdmin using a local tool such as TablePlus.

PLEASE NOTE: All of the IPs and connection data will be dummy data, but I will use it as an example.

So here are the details:

1. So I have a DigitalOcean Server with a CyberPanel droplet, I am able to connect to that droplet using: ssh [email protected] - I can also access phpMyAdmin using: https://126.xxx.xxx.xxx:8xxx/dataBases/phpMyAdmin.
  2. On CyberPanel, they allow remote access, so I can set my IP: 99.xxx.xxx.xxx as the host.
  3. When I login to PHPMyAdmin, I can see the following “Database Server” information:
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MariaDB
Server connection: SSL is not being used Documentation
Server version: 10.6.12-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 - Ubuntu 22.04
Protocol version: 10
User: root@localhost
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8mb3)
  1. So inside TablePlus, it gives me the following connection options: enter image description here

All I want to do is be able to login to my PHPMyAdmin using TablePlus and see all of my databases in there, but I can’t seem to find any guides to point me in the right direction.

Happy New Year @Semirxbih

Go to Cyberpanel Admin → Databases → List Databases. Click Manage for the Dtabase you want to connect remotely.

In the Allow Remote Access on following IP field allow all ip addresses by adding % value

Now try again see if it works

Hey @josephgodwinke,

Thanks for the recommendation, so let’s say that I have all of the items below (Please note, it’s just dummy data):

I have a website called zillens.com

• I set the remote host as: %
  • Username is: ud-EH
  • Database Name is: ud-EH

Let’s say that I can access my CyberPanel droplet using: https://164.xxx.xxx.xxx:8090/dataBases/listDBs

What MySql Connection details do you input for a successful connection? I input the following details with issues:

Host: localhost
User: ud-EH
Password: ********
Database: ud-EH

I keep getting access denied.

Also instead of accessing each website database individually, is there a way to connect to the server phpmyadmin and get all of the databases?

Maybe use server ip

@josephgodwinke, What is the best way to find the server IP? Would it be IP under the “Overview” on homepage?

Yes or /etc/cyberpanel/machineIP. But these can give a wrong reading sometime if you change server ip or soemthing. Ask your server service provider for this.

Interesting, still won’t make a successful connection, I have the Server IP as the host, I have root as the user and the correct password and nothing.

I then tried using the server IP as the host, I have the database name from one of my sites, I gave it % remote access, I have the username and password and also still unable to connect.

Does CyberPanel use a standard, socket or SSH database connection?

Yes. You can make it work very easy using DBeaver by creating a connection to localhost if you cannot use remote ip e.g.

Server Host -> localhost         Port->3306
Database->cyberpanel_db1

Authentication
Username->cyberpaneldb_username
Password->cyberpaneldb_username_password

SSH (tab)
Host/IP -> server ip address (ipv4)
Root -> server root/sudo username
Password-> server root/sudo user password
Port-> server port (22 or custom port you set on cyberpanel)
Authentication Method-> Password or PublicKey (if you set pubkey ssh key)
1 Like

@josephgodwinke, tyvm! For the Database->cyberpanel_db1, are you referring to single website database name or the main phpmyadmin access with all the databases? If so, how would I get that?

@josephgodwinke WOW it worked with DBeaver!! Thanks man!

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.