Can't login to Email (Rainloop) after switching VPS

Hi,
struggeling with a strange problem. Switched my VPS to another (stronger) one (different hoster), and facing the problem, that i can’t login to mails (rainloop, thunderbird). Here is my log output:

Jul 20 10:37:16 mail dovecot: auth-worker(17238): Error: sql(##EMAIL##,127.0.0.1,<2AQXwBiOWLh/AAAB>): Invalid password in passdb: crypt() failed: Invalid argument
Jul 20 10:37:18 mail dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2 secs): user=##EMAIL##, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS, session=<2AQXwBiOWLh/AAAB>

(Replaced the Email with ##EMAIL##)

Seams like a crypting/decrypting error? Adding an email address writes corresponding values to the database. Any advice is welcome.

Both servers run CentOS 7 and are up to date…

Ok i guess i found the source of the problem. On my working VPS the dovecot version is 2.3.7, whereas on the VPS, which causes the error, the version is 2.2.36.

So according to dovecot wiki, bcrypt is shipped with dovecot from version 2.3, that could be the problem. So why is an older version of dovecot installed on this server? Does this depend on the repo?

Problem solved!

yum priorities plugin set base and updates repo of CentOS at prio 1, which prevented dovecot installation from given dov repo. Temporarily disabled the plugin, updated from dovecot with yum and now everything is fine :wink:

Cheers