I have an issue when I want login into Rainloop
Its say “Authentication failed”
I Already restart Postfix and other but still cant figure out what mistake

Thanks

go to https://yourdomain.com:8090/rainloop/?admin

login: admin
password: 12345

then domains

and add you domain there with the according information and it will work that’s what i did here.

if you run into this also disable the whitelist/blacklist plugins if enabled in rainloop/?admin. this was one of the reasons i ran into webmail auth failed but it worked via SMTP IMAP etc.

1 Like

I used to have the same problem, that’s why i couldn’t use RainLoop on my server.

Thanks to whattheserver, his solution worked for me!

I also tried to switch between different configurations of the plugins - and the exact problem was with “white-list”.
“black-list” works fine without “Authentication failed”.

So, if you have issue with “Authentication failed” in RainLoop, just try to turn off every plugin and then one-by-one turn them on. You’ll definitely find the reason of the problem!

this is happening now with the new update I cannot login

I tried three passwords to access https://xxxxxx.xxx:8090/rainloop/?admin
and the password to access the CyberPanel
None worked, does anyone know where I can get or change this password?

I have the same issue, can’t log in at all.
I have tried all the steps over, but no help.

New Cyberpanel instances do not have 12345 or 1234567 as default password for rainloop. Run
cat /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop.php
(sudo if needed), to get the password and then login via the web admin as usual

Type your comment> @kowalski215 said:

New Cyberpanel instances do not have 12345 or 1234567 as default password for rainloop. Run
cat /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop.php
(sudo if needed), to get the password and then login via the web admin as usual

sudo cat /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop.php

To view the password.
But… my problem is although I’ve accessed admin, disabled ALL plugins. I still can’t login to the e-mail assigned to the domain lol. Mine is a FRESH INSTALL.

[SOLVED] You basically change the “Reverse DNS”, else it won’t work. I had the same problem but I quickly found out that I set up the Reverse DNS incorrectly. Hope I could help you :wink:

Tool to check the Reverse DNS: Reverse IP Lookup - MxToolbox

I have changed the reverse DNS but still the same…unable to open the rainloop mail…

I had a similar problem, as soon as I disabled the plugins everything worked. thanks for the advice