Cannot edit or show DNS records on newly installed server

Hi,
I just installed Cyber Panel on my VDS server. The installation worked smoothly, but there is an issue with DNS and nameservers. I just added new nameservers but I can’t edit them and I can’t even see it in the menu. If I try to add them once again it gives me an error “Nameserver already exist”.

When I try to add a DNS zone it is the same. I think my issue is the same as here, but there is no solution too (dns - Records not showing after adding nameserver in cyberpanel - Stack Overflow)

Thanks in advance

H.

I have the same problem in a new CyberPanel installation. DNS are not listed and I get the error “Cannot fetch records. Error message: Domains matching query does not exist”

Because during installation you choose minimal installation and that does not install DNS server.

@usmannasir said:
Because during installation you choose minimal installation and that does not install DNS server.

Ok, it’s good to know the source of the problem, even though I’m almost sure that I choose all the options that I saw available.
I see PowerDNS enable as well.

But, more important: how can it be fixed?

You have to install CyberPanel with DNS enabled.

Thank you, Usman.

@usmannasir said:
You have to install CyberPanel with DNS enabled.

Does it mean that I need to clean the server and reinstall a fresh OS and CyberPanel with DNS enabled?

Isn’t there a way to install the DNS service only?

Any documentation on this one would be appreciated.

Ok, I took the hard of work of deleting the whole server, reinstalling Ubuntu again and CyberPanel from scratch. I double checked that DNS was enabled (and it was the first time) and I still get the exact same error/problems.

This is frustrating, I understand it is a free system, but without basic community support or documentation, it is pointless.

Did u already fix it?
I have cyperpanel v2.1.1 Stable run on Centos 7
I have same issue.
The records available in database cyperpanel and tabel records, but not shown in https://myip:8090/dns/addDeleteDNSRecords

On my case, it was my mistake. I was using sub-domains, not domains, so the DNS zones were not showing for sub-domains, which makes sense.