Cannot create database after 2.0.3

After upgrading my server from 2.0.1 to 2.0.3 all was ok until now I cant create databases from cyberpanel, phpmyadmin shows blank page. tried with cache free, tried to restart the server didn’t help

Running on Centos 7

Any ideas otherdan downgrading to 2.0.2 ?

This happened on my multiple servers. Exact same other servers works fine for now at least. I am afraid that this will happen to them as well so I think its a very scary and serious issue.

I found the root cause, Root @ localhost lost grant access. Therefor many functions failing one by one.

I don’t know what triggered this but I can tell you that 9 of my servers has this issue. Upgrading cyberpanel doesn’t help as root user loses GRANT privileges cant gain back

This is so scary that when this issue happens, backups doesnt contain .SQL backups without any error message.

I have Cyberpanel user named = “ROOT” it might have created user or overwrite on top of the actual ROOT user this might be the reason …

Do i have the same problem, any solution? Thank you

nano /etc/my.cnf

add below at the end and save

[mysqld]

For debugging and recovery only

skip-grant-tables
skip-networking

systemctl restart mysqld

mysql

you should be able to logged in succesfully to mysql at this point then continue with below

flush privileges;

use mysql;

select user, password, Super_priv, Alter_priv from user;

store the password for root user

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO ‘root’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD ‘putthepasswordhere’;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . to ‘root’@‘localhost’ WITH GRANT OPTION;

flush privileges;

exit

now we will go back to my.cnf and delete the part we added

nano /etc/my.cnf

delete the part above and save

systemctl restart mysqld

now all should be working.

if you have a user on cyberpanel called “root” stop using it, it causes some issues with this new phpymadmin single sign on. so create a new admin user then you shouldnt experience any issues.

“if you have a user on cyberpanel called “root” stop using it, it causes some issues with this new phpymadmin single sign on. so create a new admin user then you shouldnt experience any issues.”

so, we need to create new admin user from panel?

unless you created a user on cyberpanel with username “Root” you are ok. You can use default “Admin” user without any issues