[BUG REPORT] Make this mistake and say goodbye to your basic backup restores

Look how cool, if you delete the “Default” package, restoring backups doesn’t work.

What an obvious bug, why does it allow deleting the Default package?
If this is a reference dependency to restore?

Very silly bug, I hope they fix it.

I cannot restore any backup using the restore function and I cannot recreate the “Default” package because the panel simply inserts a prefix before any new ones. Another thing that doesn’t make any sense. :slight_smile:

It should be clear somewhere…

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE YOUR DEFAULT PACKAGE, OTHERWISE STANDARD BACKUPS CANNOT BE RESTORED. WOULD THIS BE DIFFICULT?

Or simply, don’t allow the deletion of the default package. :roll_eyes:

No one is a diviner or seer. :confused:

In addition to all these, another even crazier one, if you accidentally click on “Delete” as shown in the image above, the package is deleted without any “ANY” confirmation.

Are you sure they left it like that? :slight_smile:

Definitely something to consider.
But seeing that you are in the situation, try reinstalling cyberpanel to get back the default package. (Not tested, just a suggestion)

1 Like

Hello, I already solved this detail.

I needed to recover a system snapshot and it was solved.

I posted it here just so you guys could know about this bug and also for other users to be more attentive and not make the mistake I did. Although it was really accidental, I clicked delete and there was no way to cancel. :slight_smile:

@shoaibkk : is this true ?

Yes dear, it is true! I wouldn’t post if it wasn’t. :wink:

Until the current version, if you delete the “Default” package, you will not be able to restore the common backups. They use as a restore reference the Default package, if there is no Default package then there is no reference and an error happens. :slight_smile: