Backup Process Improvements

• Backups per site and not per user, if user has big sites, server can collapse (high load averages) during backup creation [happened to me a lot of times]
  • If remote option is enabled, delete a site backup once it has been transfered to remote server.
    This is really important, in order to use remote backups now you have to have at least 50% disk space avaliable, otherwise it will not work - which in my opinion does not have any sense, why would anyone use CyberPanel if it can only let you use 50% of your server if you want to backup your sites?

Extra: rsync option, less server resource usage
Extra 2: incremental

Also, a small note, I have seen that new features are being added each release, but wouldn’t it be better to improve the actual ones instead of jumping with new features? For example, the backup I have mentioned which has been stated by various members a lot of times, the file manager still does not have an option to change ownership of files -only to fix them but some scripts require special ownership and users do not have root access- […]

Hello

1. I will have the generated backups deleted from the sending server.
  2. High load only occurs when compression is taking place, we can pause the backup process when the load on a server is high, but compression will still put a high load on CPU.
  3. We are also constantly fixing many bugs along the way if you take a look at GitHub commits most of them are bug fixes too. I can see that you’ve also not mentioned any bug in this thread. You’ve requested some features which can be implemented.
  4. I will try that Permissions change feature is catered in v 1.7

If you want to run tests and help in finding bugs you can install the RC version: CyberPanel 1.7 RC - Email Limits - SpamAssassin - CLI - Rewrite Context - Email Forwarding! - Updates - CyberPanel Community

Run tests and then you can mention individual bugs which we can solve, this could be a better approach to finding solutions.

Thank you.

Hello
  1. I will have the generated backups deleted from the sending server.
  2. High load only occurs when compression is taking place, we can pause the backup process when the load on a server is high, but compression will still put a high load on CPU.
  3. We are also constantly fixing many bugs along the way if you take a look at GitHub commits most of them are bug fixes too. I can see that you’ve also not mentioned any bug in this thread. You’ve requested some features which can be implemented.
  4. I will try that Permissions change feature is catered in v 1.7

If you want to run tests and help in finding bugs you can install the RC version: https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/459/cyberpanel-1-7-rc-email-limits-spamassassin-cli-rewrite-context-email-forwarding

Run tests and then you can mention individual bugs which we can solve, this could be a better approach to finding solutions.

Thank you.

Will definatly do!

Yes, I know. However, the bigger a site is the more it takes to zip, the more resources it consumes, not the same backing up a 1GB file than 60GB, zipping an user that can have a lot of times can literally take server down, it has happened to me, this could be fixed by:

• creating folders in destiny server with user structure:

backup folder > user 1 > directores > “webs” folder > zips which each site

I do not understand the last part, can you please explain a bit more.

Maybe add an option to limit CPU core for backup process.

Added option to change permissions from file manager and fixed minor bugs, see if you find any bugs:

sh <(curl https://mirror.cyberpanel.net/install-test.sh || wget -O - https://mirror.cyberpanel.net/install-test.sh)

I’m currently using the 1.7 RC release.
How can I update?
Thanks!

I'm currently using the 1.7 RC release. How can I update? Thanks!

You can follow this guide: https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/85/how-to-manually-upgrade-downgrade-cyberpanel

Just replace

wget http://cyberpanel.net/CyberPanel.1.6.4.tar.gz

with

wget http://cyberpanel.net/CyberPanelTemp.tar.gz

and

tar zxf CyberPanel.1.6.4.tar.gz

with

tar zxf CyberPanelTemp.tar.gz

My command:
cd /usr/local
rm -rf CyberPanelTemp.tar.gz
wget http://cyberpanel.net/CyberPanelTemp.tar.gz
cp /usr/local/CyberCP/CyberCP/settings.py /usr/local/settings.py
rm -rf /usr/local/CyberCP
cd /usr/local
tar zxf CyberPanelTemp.tar.gz
cp /usr/local/settings.py /usr/local/CyberCP/CyberCP/
cd /usr/local/CyberCP
python manage.py makemigrations
python manage.py migrate
rm -rf /usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel/static
mv /usr/local/CyberCP/static /usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel
pip install tldextract
rm -rf /usr/local/lsws/Example/html/FileManager
mv /usr/local/CyberCP/install/FileManager /usr/local/lsws/Example/html
systemctl restart gunicorn.socket`

My Cyber Panel displays 503 error now.

I also run: pip install --upgrade pip
To upgrade pip.
Not sure how to fix this 503 error.

I also run: pip install --upgrade pip To upgrade pip. Not sure how to fix this 503 error.

This can be fixable, but I hope you was not using RC in production?

RC on production.
NVM it, I have destroy and reinstall the OS already.

I do not understand the last part, can you please explain a bit more.

Right now CyberPanel path is /home/siteurl/addondomainsiteurl

Current backup system backups “siteurl” if client has a lot of addon domains it created a huge backup, another option would be

backing up siteurl in a tar.gz and backing up each addondomainsiteurl.tar.gz, this would be hard due to cyberpanel structure, in Vesta is easier as the path is: /home/username/sitesurl.

Another thing I have always find werid about CyberPanel is file manager usage, normal in almost all file managers if you click a file and then you click other, the first wan unmarks and only the latest is marked, also, in most of file managers, when you click a file + control it selects the files you are clicking and if you click a file with control + shift it selects the files between those files, making it easier to manage, is there a way this could change?

I also run: pip install --upgrade pip To upgrade pip. Not sure how to fix this 503 error.

This can be fixable, but I hope you was not using RC in production?

Once thing about backups, does it use renice and ionice? Jetbackup uses it to prevent high I/O usage and CPU. The settings they have is:

ionice:
Best effort
7 out of 0
renice:
priority: +19

Info here: Reduce CPU and Disk load of backup scripts with nice and ionice

WIll look into it.

WIll look into it.

I am testing and I see another reason why server has high load average, all backups run at once, so all sites get backups at the same time, that is insane! it should start one and once that one finish, other site is backed up

WIll look into it.

I am testing and I see another reason why server has high load average, all backups run at once, so all sites get backups at the same time, that is insane! it should start one and once that one finish, other site is backed up

Backup is a linear process, it does not start backing up multiple accounts at the same time for this very reason.

Can we have a backup destination like google drive, amazons s3 or dropbox? i used to backup my files to google drive when i used cpanel.

@usmannasir Do you thing that you can add is feature to the CyberPanel.