ARM64 slow reboot - Waiting for process: lscpd

[shoaibkk], did you get a chance to test this yourself?

CyberPanel works on ARM without any issue. There were minor bugs related to rustic and lsws ent which have also been resolved recently.

Now lscpd is taking long to restart could be for one reason but I am not sure it was not built for ARM. But that is something not going to stop you from using CyberPanel on ARM.

I will check with LSCPD dev (which powers CyberPanel and port 8090) to see why it loads slow on reboot.

thank you

1 Like

Thanks Usman. Just be aware it’s a slow shutdown of lscpd rather than a slow boot up.

Hi usmannasir!

Did you finally get to talk about this with the LSCPD dev? It is to know if I can try to use my Oracle server with ARM to see how it works in performance.

On the other hand, version 3.0.0 appears without beta or dev, I understand that it is already a stable version?

Thank you very much!

If you install v3.0.0 ? see if this fixes your problem.

Is vs 3.0.0 release or beta? I don’t see it in the latest version option in the webui.

Its not released as stable. Upgrade to v3.0.0 using this 02 - Upgrading CyberPanel

Ah, ok. I only have one ARM instance and it has production websites so I am cautious to do an experiment. I might get a Hetzner ARM for a month and experiment. Has lscpd been updated in 3.0.0 as a fix or are you just asking if it is fixed?

LSCPD updataed to 0.4.1 from 0.4.0.

If I upgrade to 3.0.0 and it breaks the install can I downgrade back to 2?

Yes you can specify which version you want in the install/upgrade script.
I’ve had no success installing v3.0.0 from 2.3.5 though

Ok, looks like I can’t try 3.0.0 after all.

See if it works for you.
When prompted during the upgrade just enter 3.0.0, if it fails you can rerun the script and don’t enter anything and it will go back to 2.3.5

Will that do a proper roll back to 2.3.5 if I have any issues?

I just tried an upgrade on a test x64 and entered 3.0.0. it completes ok but running “Cyberpanel version” shows it’s still 2.3.5

Using
sh <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/stable/preUpgrade.sh || wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/stable/preUpgrade.sh)

No problem but your slow reboot is fixed?

I haven’t tried yet as my only arm instance is production so am cautious about upgrade to a beta.

I tried an upgrade on an x64 instance as above to 3.0.0 but it didn’t work. It wouldn’t upgrade from 2.3.5. can you suggest how to upgrade to 3.0.0?

version will not update. can you run this

cd /usr/local/lscp/bin
./lscpd -v

what outout do you see?

I updated to 3.0.0 on ARM

Command ./lscpd -v
gives
lscpd/0.4.1 (2024-03-27T16:53:41Z)
so it updated.

I did a reboot and there was no hang on shutdown or boot so it looks like the problem is fixed.

If 3.0.0 release vs is some way off are you able to include lscpd in latest 2.3.5 so we can have the fix in a production environment?

1 Like

sure, i will let you know.