AlmaLinux ! Support?

@developer
When Can We Expect AlmaLinux?
v2.1.2 is still missing official Almalinux.
Please Add Official Support for AlmaLinux!

2 Likes

Ubuntu 20.04 should be the way forward.

1 Like

Does this mean that there is no longer a plan to support AlmaLinux (orother RHEL based distro)?

It’s a month and a half before CentOS 8 is EOL, and there have been repeated comments that Alma and Rocky will be officially supported up until now, is that still the case?

1 Like

I had assumed that the best Linux distributions for use as a server were Red Hat and derivatives, for their greater reliability, robustness, security and performance in its functions as a server.

I’m also quite curious about this. I’ve only used Ubuntu so far, but have been told by some people who seem to know what they’re talking about that CentOS or, now, AlmaLinux are ideal.

1 Like

Alma will always be behind CloudLinux one or two steps so, I still prefer Ubuntu

If you want to use CyberPanel at it’s best use Ubuntu. That is what it is tested on. I have used Centos for years but if CyberPanel is tested on Ubuntu then you have to use Ubuntu.

That may be the case but CyberPanel started out with CentOS as the preffered distro, and many people will have all of their infrastructure currently running on RHEL based distros, plus if you look at comments from @usmannasir previously on both forums and Github the official line always seemed to be that both Alma and Rocky were going to be officially supported.

It would just be good to know if that is still the case, or if the plan is to actually drop support for RHEL distros completely.

I am looking to add support for AlmaLinux soon.

3 Likes

RHEL based distros are comparatively better than other distros. Almalinux or Rockylinux is a great step ahead for Centos users. I personally use Almalinux and ubuntu both and I like Almalinux much better for its robust performance.

1 Like

Will that mean almalinux will be tested the same way / amount as Ubuntu?

1 Like

Yes, it will be as per @usmannasir

1 Like

I’m running Alma with no issues so far.

2 Likes