After upgrade and on fresh installation Memcached is gone

I’m not a technical person, but so far Cyberpanel seemed suitable for cut&paste “technicans” like myself.

Now I ran into a big one. After the latest upgrade, memcached was gone. Redis too. Took me hours to figure out why my sites were so slow.

I tried a new install of the latest version, but both components are missing.

The Openlitespeed instructions are hell complicated. It would be incredible if Cyberpanel could fix this.

I’ll try to downgrade for now.

I’m running Centos 8 but the error messages imply that it cannot file the files needed for an install. Probably not OS dependend.

I will say that, eventhough I’m very grateful for the free software, that makes me a little insecure. I was always sceptical about free, but Cyberpanel just looked too good.

A few days ago, I reported that Docker installation isn’t working after upgrade. Helpful members of the community offered advice how to fix this.

Docker, memcached, redis… missing. Maybe at this time it’s still more of an expert tool.

I don’t mean it as harsh as it probably sounds. Spent hours troubleshooting bc I really didn’t think of checking if plugins disappeared .

After the latest upgrade, memcached was gone. Redis too

Which part is gone, redis php extension or the daemon it self?

Error during installation. I was wrong, it’s Centos8 specific.

No match for argument: libmemcached-devel

Solution
Run dnf config-manager --set-enabled PowerTools
Then install memcached via Cyberpanel install “add-ons”

Type your comment> @sob said:

Error during installation. I was wrong, it’s Centos8 specific.

No match for argument: libmemcached-devel

Solution
Run dnf config-manager --set-enabled PowerTools
Then install memcached via Cyberpanel install “add-ons”

I just did a test , both memcached daemon and extension are working on centos 8 , despite that libmemcached-devel is missing , but this is devel package

do you see anything not functioning ?