Acme don't create files in /usr/local/lsws/Example/html/.well-known/acme-challenge/ folder

Hi, it look that when i run the command line :

/root/.acme.sh/acme.sh --issue -d site.digital -d www.site.digital --cert-file /etc/letsencrypt/live/site.digital/cert.pem --key-file /etc/letsencrypt/live/site.digital/privkey.pem --fullchain-file /etc/letsencrypt/live/site.digital/fullchain.pem -w /home/site.digital/public_html --force --debug

The answer from acme don’t create the key file in the repertory /usr/local/lsws/Example/html/.well-known/acme-challenge/ folder but it is create in /home/site.digital/public_html/.well-knows/acme-challenge…

When acme challenge looking to it its looping 30 times and after that i get a 404 error …

May you help me with that please?
Thank you kindly, this is my main domain where i have 11 subdomains and databases linked (and more dns txt lines…)

Loukas

Dit you ever manage to create a certificate for all your aliasses? Running in to issues here as well

Hello @xmedia

Update acme.sh

wget -O - https://get.acme.sh | sh
1 Like

Thanks @ josephgodwinke Been trying to get a certificate for a subdomain for 3 hours now, but it just won’t work. I give up and i’m going to copy the entire site to a new site with the new domain.

The rate of bugs I encounter in cyberpanel is making me wonder if anyone should actually be using this in a production environment. But that’s a discussion for another topic…

1 Like

Which server os are you using?

I’m on Centos 7

Well you should use Ubuntu 20.04LTS or AlmaLinux 8.4 if you can migrate to a clean os. Centos + cyberpanel is bug ridden and i would not recommend it for anyone.

I understand, but I dont think the issues I run into will be fixed by changing the os.

• missing backup retention in S3 backups (although the option is in the UI)
  • fetching SSL certificates for multiple aliases (only does 1 alias)
  • UI casually saying the certificate was fetched successfully, when it wasn’t.
  • Missing notifications from failing backups
  • WP Database backups not functioning without changing the backup script

Although this last issue could be OS related, I’ll keep it at this os for now. I’m already spending enough time on server management :wink:

@josephgodwinke can this be same issue that mail domain SSL fail renew? If it is it’s on Ubuntu too.

Do you have the same issue as the topic? What you quoted should be in a topic on its own to better help the community.

I have never encountered such an issue and with said I believe this must be an issue arising from an old server that has just being upgraded over the years.

@Dreamer What issue are you facing ?

@josephgodwinke My problem is mail SSL fails every 3month even it is successfully issued, there is something that won’t get updated for mail domain when issue new certificate.
I have to run mail debugger every time to get problem solved.
I was thinking if this is somehow related as mail domain is sub domain ass well.

Seems to be this issue [BUG]The certificate is not up-to-date after renewal · Issue #4041 · acmesh-official/acme.sh · GitHub

1 Like

@josephgodwinke tell me if I get it right I need manually re-issue certificate acme.sh --renew -d example.com --force --ecc to fix mail SSL problem?

@Dreamer Correct. This should work with no issues at all. Even something like

acme.sh --renew -d coolkid.com --force

Should work to renew all ssl certificates. You should then list your certificates to find out if indeed they have been renewed.

1 Like