"Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

What’s going wrong here? Trying to setup Cyberpanel on Ubuntu 22.04

Welcome @tess Happy you are here

1. Which hosting provider are you using? Probably you are using a modifed version with mariadb preinstalled. In some cases trying to connect to mysql directly and retrying solves the issue e.g. mysql -u root -p

2. Are you running ubuntu 22.04?

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I’m using DigitalOcean and their “pre-set” OpenLiteSpeed Wordpress. It comes with Ubuntu 22.04, OpenLiteSpeed 6.01 and MariaDB 10.9.1. I can login through mysql -u root -p but that did not resolve the issue.

I also tried changing the default mysql password (in /etc/mysql/debian.cnf) to the one I set in the Cyberpanel setup but again I’m getting the same problem and now I can’t connect to mysql anymore.

Rollback your image and start over. I consider you use this droplet CyberPanel | DigitalOcean Marketplace 1-Click App instead.

I have set the mysql password correctly now but it’s still giving the same problem. During the installation where it gives me the error, what password is it trying to use and where can I change this?

I want to try some things before switching to a different image.

OLS support for version 22 was included like 2 months ago making it a new development in the CyberPanel ecosystem. I would not recommend any of my clients to use ubuntu 22 + cyberpanel because of unknown issues esp if you are running mission critical apps and systems.

Kindly use an ubuntu 20.04 image or CyberPanel | DigitalOcean Marketplace 1-Click App instead.

Follow this thread CyberPanel support for Ubuntu 22 - #20 by Wizard-of-FOSS @usmannasir says

“CyberPanel is now functional with Ubuntu 22, but its not production ready yet”