Webmail via rainloop works but cant connect outlook or andriod email client

Hi,

First time using CyberPanel. I am able to send/receive email via but email client cant connect.

What are the steps to look for problems ?

Thanks,
Dwija

Which email client you use?

Also issue a valid license for your mail server hostname https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=ssl-for-mailserver

Make sure this hostname is also set as RDNS.

Update: Sorry I missed the part that you are using outlook, give Thunderbird a try and also read: Achieve 10/10 Email score with CyberPanel! - Blog Posts - CyberPanel Community

I’m also facing the same issue in outlook. I can connect to Thunderbird mail from same smtp and user but when I try it in outlook, it says “Failed to authenticate to the Server ‘mysmtp.com’ Port ‘465’. Please verify your credentials.” and same error for port ‘587’

I have a client whose domain is in cyberpanel and they want to access mail in outlook not in rainloop. So, Please help me out. @usmannasir

@usmannasir

@pravin said:
I’m also facing the same issue in outlook. I can connect to Thunderbird mail from same smtp and user but when I try it in outlook, it says “Failed to authenticate to the Server ‘mysmtp.com’ Port ‘465’. Please verify your credentials.” and same error for port ‘587’

Hi Pravin. Did you find any solution for that? I had the same problem. I am using Cloudflare for the DNS I just removed the proxy from the A record and that worked fine.