VPS+CyberPanel - Wordpress Staging/Development

Sorry if the following is a newbie question:

I have just got a VPS and installed cyberpanel.

I want to create and develop a WP site for a domain not existing yet. For example: myvwsite.com (domain is not bought yet).

Once I install the wordpress using the once click installation using cyberpanel, how do I access the wordpress site on my server?

Lets say my VPS IP is 1.1.2.5
domain: myvwsite.com (domain not purchase yet)
Installed in the server under the myvwsite folder in root.

How do I access the WP site in the server -myvwsite.com or myvwsite.com/wp-admin?

Cause if I enter the url as myvwsite.com/wp-admin - it will definitely search for the DNS and return the site as not available.

Anybody can assist?..thanks

You’ll need to add the domain to the hosts file on your local system (not the VPS). If you’re using Windows you’ll want to edit this:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

And add this:

1.1.2.5 myvwsite.com

If you are using a Mac or Linux, you will need to look up where the hosts files are stored on those systems.

Type your comment> @stevendbrady said:

You’ll need to add the domain to the hosts file on your local system (not the VPS). If you’re using Windows you’ll want to edit this:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

And add this:

1.1.2.5 myvwsite.com

If you are using a Mac or Linux, you will need to look up where the hosts files are stored on those systems.

Thanks a lot for the helped. it worked. really appreciate. took almost 2 weeks to find this information. really thanks.