Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed

CentOS 7
CP 2.3.2

@usmannasir Just upgraded successfully to 2.3.2. Great work as always however when performing the last couple of upgrades and when using shutdown -h now I receive this in Putty

** (pkttyagent:9084): WARNING **: 13:59:38.442: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Error registering authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject (polkit-error-quark, 0)

Any ideas how to rectify as it is a little off-putting when upgrading! I have seen solutions such as How to fix GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed – OpenTechy.com but wanted to check with you first before attempting.

Don’t use Linux versions with GUI like freedesktop use minimal versions

I’m sorry but I do not understand your response. I haven’t attempted the link I included in the original question, I was merely asking how I can resolve this. I am unsure what the issue is as it only happens when running CP updates and on running specific commands.

I would appreciate a more guided answer as I am not an expert server admin, just a self taught user.

maybe what @Dreamer want to tell you is, install linux with minimum configuration
only network and no desktop/GUI apache or else…
just install Server edition with minimum option

I got this error on minimal version too!

@Dreamer

@Aria I have had this issue since after the previous update (before latest version) of CP I think. I run yum update before CP upgrade but have made no changes to the original linux install as I am not an expert server admin. My vps server has been running for 3 years so I am really confused why this has suddenly appeared since the last couple of upgrades.

1 Like

I also have such an error for some time after each update. During this time, the following is not displayed:
Manage Services => Services Status (Memory Usage),
Server Status => Top Processes

I use these commands to fix the problem (centos 7).

mount proc -o remount,hidepid=0
systemctl restart polkit.service