[SOLVED] Failed to install cyberpanel :(

Hello, I tried every possible way to install cyberpanel on centos 7. Everytime I tried, it failed to install.

If I use this>(01 - Installing CyberPanel - Docs - CyberPanel Community) instruction then it got stuck at “install.py…too few arguments…cyberpanel installation failed”.

If I use this>(How to Install WordPress with LSCache, OpenLiteSpeed and CyberPanel) instruction then it got stuck at “starting powerdns service…failed to start powerdns service…cyberpanel installation failed”.

I am using my laptop as a server, want to try out the hosting panel, if it meets my requirement then I will install it in my server computer.

Also I want to self host my site, that’s why I need cyberpanel. Not using any VPS or VPD, direct dedicated server (computer you can say).

One thing, when I used this>(How to Install WordPress with LSCache, OpenLiteSpeed and CyberPanel) instruction, I used this command, “# python install.py publicip” at the powerdns stage, it showed, “failed to start powerdns service”.

Again installed fresh centos 7. 4th time it is. Please guide me to properly install cyberpanel.

Also I can physically access my server.

Can anyone please point out my faults?

I AM TOTALLY NEW AT THIS!

full dedicated install our KVM?

@bdevroey said:
full dedicated install our KVM?

Dedicated (Self Hosted), sorry for late reply

@bdevroey Tried again, same result, log>(cyberpanel)

When I ran “journalctl -xe” I got,

[root@localhost install]# journalctl -xe
Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15169]: Unable to bind UDP socket to ‘0.0.0.0:53’: Address already in use
Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15169]: Fatal error: Unable to bind to UDP socket
Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: pdns.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start PowerDNS Authoritative Server.
– Subject: Unit pdns.service has failed
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel

– Unit pdns.service has failed.

– The result is failed.
Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit pdns.service entered failed state.
Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: pdns.service failed.
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: pdns.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting PowerDNS Authoritative Server…
– Subject: Unit pdns.service has begun start-up

– Unit pdns.service has begun starting up.
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15173]: Loading ‘/usr/lib64/pdns/libgmysqlbackend.so’
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15173]: This is a standalone pdns
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15173]: Listening on controlsocket in ‘/var/run/pdns.controlsocket’
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15173]: Unable to bind UDP socket to ‘0.0.0.0:53’: Address already in use
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15173]: Fatal error: Unable to bind to UDP socket
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: pdns.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Sep 02 21:42:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start PowerDNS Authoritative Server.
– Subject: Unit pdns.service has failed

– Unit pdns.service has failed.

– The result is failed.

Hope it helps.

Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15169]: Unable to bind UDP socket to ‘0.0.0.0:53’: Address already in use
Sep 02 21:42:11 localhost.localdomain pdns_server[15169]: Fatal error: Unable to bind to UDP socket

Port 53 is already bound to another process…
you’ll need to look for a pid using port 53 (lsof, netstat…)

https://www.google.com/search?ei=qtaMW-eQL9GiwAL3ia5w&q=centos+7+find+pid+using+port+an+unbind&oq=centos+7+find+pid+using+port+an+unbind

@bdevroey Thanks for replying!

Yes I have figured that out, seems like gnome boxes was the issue (dnsmasq). I am never going to use any virtualization or something. I am using gnome desktop. Will fresh install centos 7.x and try cyberpanel installation again. This time I hope it will be installed successfully.

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

After many failure in local server, Bought a VPS plan and installed cyberpanel there. CYBERPANEL IS REALLY AWESOME! Using my main domain in it! Robust and simple! Really loving it! :smiley:

@bdevroey @CyberPanel finally success! Installed CyberPanel in my local server! Working perfectly! I am dancing! :rofl:

@CyberPanel liked the new installer 2.0 but I have a question, why you guys removed MariaDB 10.3 from the installation?

Things I did,

1. Installed centos 7.x minimal.
  2. No user created, only root.
  3. After OS installation, updated it.
  4. Then installed CyberPanel, it took about 40mins because of my fast internet connection :frog:.
  5. CyberPanel installed successfully.
  6. Tried to access my panel, but port was blocked.
  7. Opened required ports by port forwarding in my router.
  8. Tried to access my panel again, this time success! I can access it!
  9. All were normal, no issue in panel at all.
  10. Checked port 80, port was open and my server is publicly accessible.

I have a dedicated public IP but there are some NATting issue. Talked to ISP, will be fixed soon. Using Netgear Nighthawk (R7000), will be using Mikrotik hAP ac² as my WAN router and Netgear as my AP.

Oh forgot to add one point!

1. At the time of OS installation removed “localhost.localdomain” and added a hostname.

@minhazulOO7

Virtualbox?

@CyberPanel Dedicated Server :wink:

great.

@CyberPanel After many failure now I am SUCCESSFULL! :innocent:

@CyberPanel Again! Another success! :smiley: Installed CyberPanel with Dynamic IP :wink:

I am using Cloudflare, so by using “Cloudflare API” a small script is updating the IP and added this job to crontab to do this automatically.

Used this script → (Cloudflare API v4 Dynamic DNS Update in Bash · GitHub).

For updating the “/etc/cyberpanel/machineIP” add this to the script,

After

MAYBE CHANGE THESE

ip=$(curl -s http://ipv4.icanhazip.com)
ip_file=“ip.txt”
id_file=“cloudflare.ids”
log_file=“cloudflare.log”

Add

CyberPanel

ip_file=“/etc/cyberpanel/machineIP”

It will change the IP when the WAN IP changes.

Made some changes, made another script to check and update “machineIP” file in cyberpanel.

In previous technique, there was a weird issue where only one file was updated to the latest ip where another was still showing the previous ip.

That’s why made another script just for cyberpanel.

So now there are 2 scripts, one for cloudflare and another for cyberpanel.

My gist → (A Shell Script to Update "/etc/cyberpanel/machineIP" File of CyberPanel for Dynamic WAN IP (IPv4/ IPv6) Server · GitHub)

Hi I am also trying to make my own hosting please help (I am unable to install cyberpanel in my local PC)