Rename website domain

Is there a way through CyberPanel to rename a website domain?

For example, I’m developing on dev.mysite.com and want to rename the website (change the domain) in CyberPanel to www.mysite.com when I’m ready to go live.

1 Like

This is currently not possible.

I assume this would be possible with Litespeed alone, editing vhosts, but isn’t possible through CyberPanel?

Unfortunate, is there a formal way to request things on the roadmap? I’d like to add this and multiple IP support to the list.

Are there any manual workarounds for manually renaming web domains?

If You are a developer you should know that any production website needs a staging environment. So what the point in renaming the virtualhost? You will lose the staging …

So, dunno if this feature is available but as a rule of thumb, always keep staging+production :slight_smile:

@sfantini exactly! I was hoping to take a server snapshot and deploy it as production making the domain change.

I also would love this as a feature. Being able to rename a domain would help so much with building a dev site when the live site is on another server.
Even pointing sub.domain.com using an A record is the same as using a temp domain – we’re still stuck creating a new domain before going live on CyberPanel, moving vhost files, databases etc.

Edit: Wonder if this would work with rewrites in Magento 2
https://cyberpanel.net/docs/wordpress-staging-feature/
where we could enter the domain (still points to server 1) and clone to subdomain (point A record to server 2, CyberPanel server), build the site on the staging child domain and clone it back to the main domain to finally point DNS from server 1 to server 2 with the new IP/CyberPanel site). Hmmm…

bump the request. must have feature for developing.

Bump the request

Is this still not a thing?