Problem to deploy Laravel app on Cyberpanel

I am quite frustrated to the point of evaluating if cyberpananel is the best option for my project

I have a Laravel web/app and I’m trying to deploy it on a cloudserver with Ubuntu 20.04 and CyberPanel

I already followed all the steps of the tutorial in this forum
*Copy the files from the public folder to public_html

*chmod -R 777 bootstrap/cache
chmod -R 777 storage

*Add the Rewrite Rules
Rewrite Engine On
RewriteRule . /myweb/public_html/index.php [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

And it doesn’t work properly.

This is how it looks when I enter the page, without styles and without loading the assets.

this is my public.php

if (file_exists(__DIR__.'/../storage/framework/maintenance.php')) {
    require __DIR__.'/../storage/framework/maintenance.php';
}
require __DIR__.'/../vendor/autoload.php';
$app = require_once __DIR__.'/../bootstrap/app.php';

What am I doing wrong?
thanks for your help

PS: If i put the complete proyecy on public_html work fine, but this is insecure right?

This is how it should look.

This is my main page folder.

This is my public_html folder

This is my .htaccess in public_html or “Rewrite Rules”

What I do is put all files in the public_html folder and edit the vHost Conf docRoot.

change docRoot $VH_ROOT/public_html to docRoot $VH_ROOT/public_html/public
No need for any htaccess rules in the public_html folder

First of all thanks for the help

I just tried what you told me but unfortunately I get the same result

With $VH_ROOT/public_html → works fine.

With $VH_ROOT/public_html/public → apparently it works but they don’t load the images and styles, as in the image of the first post(I also tried Fix Permissions)

From public_html in you putty session or cli:

php artisan storage:link

you may have to specify your php location if your cli uses a different version than your project.
e.g.
/usr/local/lsws/lsphp81/bin/php artisan storage:link

Don´t work friend

Can you show the errors you get in the console.
I once had this issue but cannot remember the solution at the moment.

This is a laravel issue and not cyberpanel but we’ll see if we can get a fix.

No errors logs in console.

For me it is an .htaccess config error.

Because if I create the web page from scratch and put the whole project in public_html it works correctly but that leaves security gaps because if I do a GET to myweb.site/.env this file is downloaded without problems and that’s a big problem

ok, i find the bug that makes some files not load, the server makes a GET request to public/bla/bla but for it to work I should do it to /bla/bla (without the public)

I dont think you are using the cyberpanel ecosystem. How is your laravel app file paths at /home/admin ?

That capture is from another panel that I tried to try to see what the problem was, since cyberpanel was not able to show me those logs.

any help you can give?

Your application should be using e.g. {{asset('img/imagename.png')}} which should point to /home/domain.com/public_html/public/img/imagename.png in your Cyberpanel setup with your laravel files in the public_html folder.

Check /home/domain.com/public_html/storage/logs folder for your laravel logs.
These errors pertain to laravel and not Cyberpanel. Your application does not access the assets correctly if these errors are what you are getting.