PowerDNS keeps restarting automatically

Hello Community,

I have a CyberPanel installation on CentOS 7.9. PowerDNS is failing to to successfully start and continuousky tries to restart itself. I have following error in messages which says that PowerDNS is unable to connect to backend database. I have following error in messages file. I just check db config in /etc/pdns/pdns.conf and I am able to connect to database using credentials in gmysql section of config file. I’m wondering why powerdns is unable to connect to db.

May 30 09:05:37 srv1 pdns_server: gmysql Connection failed: Unable to connect to database: Can’t initialize character set utf8 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)
May 30 09:05:37 srv1 pdns_server: Caught an exception instantiating a backend: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to connect to database: Can’t initialize character set utf8 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)
May 30 09:05:37 srv1 pdns_server: Cleaning up
May 30 09:05:37 srv1 pdns_server: Distributor caught fatal exception: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to connect to database: Can’t initialize character set utf8 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)
May 30 09:05:37 srv1 systemd: pdns.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 30 09:05:37 srv1 systemd: Unit pdns.service entered failed state.
May 30 09:05:37 srv1 systemd: pdns.service failed.

Any idea why it is unable to connect to db?
TIA