Oops, something went wrong...pure-ftpd

After trying several times to install Cyberpanel on my VPS Ubuntu 18.04 it always crashed on the same spot, pure-ftpd.

After checking the log file it said the same:

[04.15.2020_13-53-12] Running: apt-get -y install pure-ftpd
[04.15.2020_13-53-17] [ERROR] We are not able to run apt-get -y install pure-ftpd return code: 100. Fatal error, see /var/log/installLogs.txt for full details.
[04.15.2020_13-53-17] [ERROR] We are not able to run apt-get -y install pure-ftpd return code: 100. Fatal error, see /var/log/installLogs.txt for full details.

Not much to work on. So did my investigation and found out that with a newly installed ubuntu it’s missing update-inetd.
Trying to add this manually and it directly started going to install the pure-ftpd again. Run into the next problem: Can’t open PID file /run/pure-ftpd.pid (yet?) after start: No such file or directory.

systemctl start pure-ftpd.service, totally nothing is happening.
apt update && apt upgrade (1 file to update/upgrade) pure-ftpd
Installation does nothing and canceled after 5 minutes.

Repeat the same steps and let the installation what it was. Then it run into a timeout with the same error message.

After 1,5 hours I’ve found the problem. Pure-ftpd makes a pid file in the /run folder. But whenever there is also a /run/pure-ftpd folder-map it will not work.
Removed the folder-map and restarted the pure-ftpd without any trouble.