Newbie - cannot connect to Cyberpanel/websites after SSH 'tinkering'!

My Cyberpanel was showing disk usage problems so I SSH’d into the server to follow some guides and obviously did something wrong as none of my websites or Cyberpanel admin screen connnect!

I was able to SFTP in using Filezilla to get at my Wordpress files but now that’s refusing to connect. All I really want are my websites intact and recoverable, so even if I have to bin Cyberpanel and reinstall another, that’s fine, but I’m struggling to know where to begin.

Welcome @gr46 Happy you are here

Which guides did you follow post the links here

You cannot access the CyberPanel admin panel? What error do you get when you visit the link? https://SERVER_URL:8090/

Do you have server snapshots to revert tinkering? Try first run cyberpanel update that might overwrite your changes.

Thank you for replies!

I just get a white screen and Server Error (500).

I have been able to get back into SFTP using my phone’s hotspot so I assume the server had blacklisted my IP address.

I’m not really too worried about getting cyberpanel up and running, it’s the websites I have in there which I can see in the /home folder plus the databases stored in var/lib/mysql although they are all frm/ibd files that I don’t know much about.

Is there a way to dump the entire server into a downloadable form or else some kind of GUI filemanager that would allow me to get at those files. Or I could just download them through the FTP as well, it’s whether they’re restorable with those database files?

If you can access your server using ssh you can rsync all your websites to another destination.

Websites are found at /home/mydomain.com/

I’ve been able to get my website files, but now the databases are an issue. I can’t access PHPMyAdmin and not too sure how to go about anything else.

There’s a Failed to start MariaDB error when I run < systemctl status mysql >

Post screenshot of this issue or errors you see

From Terminal window, the DB error and then from var/mysql/logs, the error log as well.

Honestly i dont understand what happened here. Can you just reinstall since you

Reinstall cyberpanel or MySQL? I’m guessing now that Cyberpanel is actually OK and the problem is the inability to restart the database - but without being able to backup/get at the database files, I’m not sure what to do next as don’t want to lose what’s stored in them.

Can you run

cd /home/mywebsite.com/public_html && mysqldump -u root -p --opt --all-databases > DBBACKUP.sql

and use the password you see here nano /usr/local/CyberCP/CyberCP/settings.py look for somewhere with

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql',
        'NAME': 'cyberpanel',
        'USER': 'cyberpanel',
        'PASSWORD': 'IGNOREME',
        'HOST': 'localhost',
        'PORT':''
    },
    'rootdb': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql',
        'NAME': 'mysql',
        'USER': 'root',
        'PASSWORD': 'USETHISPASSWORD',
        'HOST': 'localhost',
        'PORT': '',
    }
}

Thanks very much for your help! That throws up this return:

mysqldump: Got error: 2002: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")" when trying to connect

WHich os are you running?

It’s Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (and it did have Cyberpanel installed on it).

$ mariabackup --backup \
   --target-dir=/home/mydomain.com/public_html/backup \
   --user=root --password=myrootpassword

Mariabackup writes the backup files the target directory. If the target directory doesn’t exist, then it creates it. If the target directory exists and contains files, then it raises an error and aborts.

It comes preinstalled?

I’m not having much luck with this, I get another error:

221218 17:35:14 Connecting to MySQL server host: localhost, user: root, password: set, port: not set, socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Failed to connect to MySQL server: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2 “No such file or directory”).

sudo service mysql start

If that produces an error then there is nothing to do there but reinstall a snapshot of your server if you got one