Is AlmaLinux 8.5 stable enough for CyberPanel?

Hi!
I’m going to order a new dedicated AMD server from Hetzner, and as CentOS 7 is no more a choice for me, I’m thinking of using AlmaLinux as alternative, but I’m not sure if it is stable enough to be used on a production server. I don’t know if I should go with it or with Ubuntu that I’m not familiar with it as I was always using CentOS 7 on all my servers (That’s why I’m thinking of AlmaLinux). Any advices please in terms of stability and performance?
Thanks in advance.

tested on centos 7 and alma and run well (confirmed by developer)
but…
cyberpanel recommended ubuntu 20.04

because there is many upgrade between distro and cyberpanel … and i affraid there will we a little bug that have big impact

Cyberpanel recommended using ubuntu 20.04 lite server mode without any addon installed (eg. apache,nginx,php,mysql,ftp services)

1 Like

Go with Ubuntu 20.04

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m going with Ubuntu 20.04 as recommended, I hope that my journey with Ubuntu will be as smooth as it was with CentOS 7.

1 Like

welcome and goodluck

advice from me:
do not do any configuration before making sure all goes well.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice, but don’t worry, I have experience with CyberPanel, as for Ubuntu I will be very careful. Thanks again!

1 Like

wonderfull
now cyberpanel community have more advance member
i can get helped easier :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure! It’s a pleasure :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.