the site started giving an error, and no more backups are created

Will first initiate backup repo…
Repo local initiated for doamin.com.
Meta data is ready…
Backing up data…
Fatal: wrong password or no key found
. [5009].

I didn’t change the password

Have you deleted the complete website? As mentioned in documentations, incremental backups are protected by password and that is stored in home directory of your docRoot (not publicly accessible). If that file is deleted or somehow changed, you can not recover the backups.

Type your comment> @usmannasir said:

Have you deleted the complete website? As mentioned in documentations, incremental backups are protected by password and that is stored in home directory of your docRoot (not publicly accessible). If that file is deleted or somehow changed, you can not recover the backups.

I deleted the backup folder and created the backup again and everything worked, but I don’t understand the IncrementalBackups logic. For the experiment, I uploaded the file to the folder with the site and restored the backup, but the file remained there.

We use restic for incremental backups, so you can read here → restic Design Document - Documentation for restic

@usmannasir I am facing the same problem.

If you create a new user and new website and then create incremental backup it works fine.

If you then delete site.example.com from filemanager you will get this error when you try to create or restore from backup.

Will first initiate backup repo…
Repo local initiated for site.demo.com.
‘NoneType’ object is not iterable. [158:prepMeta]
Meta data is ready…
Backing up data…
. [5009].

I think this is that file that you should not delete…

Is it possible to restrict users from deleting this file? Without this file you cannot restore anything or create new backup… It should not be possible to delete this file it’s very important for users or they will lose backup…

Also I cannot make it create backup again after I removed this file. How can I recreate the site.example.com file so I can create a new backup if that file was removed?

It seems like the files are recreated but it’s still not working…

I deleted file from /home after first time backup.

Then when i tried to backup again, got error:
Backing up data…
. [5009].

So how to fix?

To solve, the problem, is going to the Home directory of your website

cd /home/exemple.com

Inside the main folder, you can reach incbackup folder with all the configuration

ls -l

delete this folder

rm -rf incbackup

Now you can go to CyberPanel, and create a new incremental backup configuration.

1 Like