How to use php version 8.2

What error do you get ?

message appear:
E: Invalid operation build-essential

Run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential first if that works revert back here

the command works: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential
what is the next step?

This whole command - run it

it doesn’t work sir

Did your run

$ apt-get build-essential pkg-config openssl libssl-dev openssl-blacklist openssl-blacklist-extra  bison autoconf automake libtool re2c flex libxml2-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libjpeg-dev libpng12-dev libXpm-dev libfreetype6-dev libt1-dev libgmp3-dev libc-client2007e-dev libldap2-dev libmcrypt-dev libmhash-dev freetds-dev zlib1g-dev libmysqlclient-dev libncurses5-dev libpcre3-dev unixODBC-dev libsqlite0-dev libaspell-dev libreadline6-dev librecode-dev libsnmp-dev libtidy-dev libxslt-dev libt1-dev

yes i did but it doesn’t work

Any errors

E: Invalid operation build-essential

Which server os is this ?

ubuntu 20 version

$  apt-get install build-essential pkg-config openssl libssl-dev openssl-blacklist openssl-blacklist-extra bison autoconf automake libtool re2c flex libxml2-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libjpeg-dev libpng12-dev libXpm-dev libfreetype6-dev libt1-dev libgmp3-dev libc-client2007e-dev libldap2-dev libmcrypt-dev libmhash-dev freetds-dev zlib1g-dev libmysqlclient-dev libncurses5-dev libpcre3-dev unixODBC-dev libsqlite0-dev libaspell-dev libreadline6-dev librecode-dev libsnmp-dev libtidy-dev libxslt-dev libt1-dev

Run it like that and continue with preceeding steps

@josephgodwinke Can you shared the link from that Server Configuration->External App I did not find it in my CyberPanel.

Thanks

LiteSpeed-WebAdmin-Console

Thank you @josephgodwinke

For the users like me that never went into the OpenLiteSpeed webadmin before, the admin panel is served in:

your-ip:7080

Also in the case like me again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that never ever visited before. you need to assign the user/password.

Log in via ssh and run the OpenLiteSpeed admpass.sh in here to assign the credentials.

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/admpass.sh 

Edit:

I recommend you to login with http://your.server.ip:7080/ since https will logs you out at any click.

2 Likes

Any update for this thread? For me it didnt work also :cry:

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Note, selecting ‘libreadline-dev’ instead of ‘libreadline6-dev’
Note, selecting ‘libxslt1-dev’ instead of ‘libxslt-dev’
Package libdb5.1-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package libpng12-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.

Package openssl-blacklist is not available, but is referred to by another package.

E: Package ‘openssl-blacklist’ has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package openssl-blacklist-extra
E: Package ‘libdb5.1-dev’ has no installation candidate
E: Package ‘libpng12-dev’ has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package libXpm-dev
E: Unable to locate package libt1-dev
E: Unable to locate package unixODBC-dev
E: Unable to locate package libt1-dev

This video works for me:

Enjoy!

I have successfully installed PHP 8.2, but how do I add it to the options in CyberPanel?

Thanks

All you need to do now is upgrade CyberPanel to 2.3.5, and you will get PHP 8.2 installed :slight_smile:
02 - Upgrading CyberPanel - Docs / 01 - Install/Upgrade - CyberPanel Community

1 Like