How to increase Inodes limit

This is not working for me.

I’m not able to understand what is the problem was going on with me. Please help me to resolve this issue.

This confirms that you have increases the number of open files allowed by processes on your system. Kindly follow the instructions I posted earlier or you can run this command to maximise the limit (not recommeded but should solve this):

$ ulimit -u unlimited

Note: For the purpose of helping the community always copy-paste the error you get alongside the screenshot to help others search the issue and find your question

Thanks for your help and support Sir, please provide me with the method by which I will increase the limit of Inodes. Because now I have to delete the old website to host a new one because Inodes is 100% used. Because of this problem, I’m not able to upload any plugin, image or file through cyber panel. This is a very big issue for me. So, please help me to increase the Inodes limit.

@abhishant we have already i idnetified the issue together here.

With this said, kindly follow the steps i gave here if all fails run the command here

Just open your terminal and run them as they are. I have added comments for you to understand why you have to run each and every command.

I run all commands and this will fix the WordPress installation issue but, the main issue is Inodes. I have to delete my old website for the installation of new website. Do we google meet or anydesk to shwo what the issue is.

Use control groups aka cgroups:

1. verify that you are running cgroups v2:
$ ls /sys/fs/cgroup/cgroup.controllers
  1. Check available features to control:
$ cat /sys/fs/cgroup/cgroup.subtree_control
  1. Adjust TasksMax - the number of tasks that can be started by a user. This ensures that the number of tasks accounted for the user stays below a specific limit. A reasonable value might be 2500.
# make a drop-in file
$ mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/[email protected]
$ cat > /etc/systemd/system/[email protected]/delegate.conf << EOF 
[Service] Delegate=tasks cpu io memory pids cpuset 
EOF
$ systemctl daemon-reload
  1. Configure the user you want to control by using linger, enter the following:

loginctl enable-linger admin

You can see if a user is lingered by entering:

loginctl user-status admin

1. To enable cgroups at the server level, in OpenLiteSpeed WebAdmin, navigate to Server Configuration > Security , edit the CGI Settings group and enable cgroups by setting it to on

Note: Avoid systemctl configuration if you see it in any tutorial in the web

Were is the CGI Setttings

Go to https://SERVER_URL:7080 and if you experience any issues lookup this tutorial

OpenLiteSpeed WebAdmin, navigate to Server Configuration > Security , edit the CGI Settings group and enable cgroups by setting it to on

Screenshot 2022-10-25 013549
Screenshot 2022-10-25 013523

You do not have cgroups v2. Setup cgroups:

1.Using drop-In files method

For each user you wish to configure, you will need to create a directory in mkdir /etc/systemd/system/user-UID.slice.d. e.g.mkdir /etc/systemd/system/wordpressuser-1001.slice.d

$ cd /etc/systemd/system/wordpressuser-1001.slice.d
echo "[Slice]" >> 50-TasksMax.conf
echo "TasksMax=10%" >> 50-TasksMax.conf

Validate the file changes by running cat 50-TasksMax.conf

To use cgroups with OpenLiteSpeed you need to install glib as root.

RedHat/Centos: sudo yum install glib2
Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install glib2.0

In OLS WebAdmin, configure OpenLiteSpeed to have CGI apps use the user ID of the owner of the file. Navigate to Configuration > Virtual Hosts > and select the virtual host you wish to manage. In the Basic tab, modify the Security entry and set the ExtApp Set UID Mode to CGI File UID

To enable cgroups at the server level, in OpenLiteSpeed WebAdmin, navigate to Server Configuration > Security , edit the CGI Settings group and enable cgroups by setting it to on

Note: Avoid systemctl configuration if you see it in any tutorial in the web

Please explain were is the option is - In OLS WebAdmin, configure OpenLiteSpeed to have CGI apps use the user ID of the owner of the file. Navigate to Configuration > Virtual Hosts > and select the virtual host you wish to manage. In the Basic tab, modify the Security entry and set the ExtApp Set UID Mode to CGI File UID

Go to Virtual Hosts > example.net In the Basic tab, modify the Security entry and set the ExtApp Set UID Mode to CGI File UID

I’m not able to find. Please guide me form below image

Click on Virtual Hosts from left sidebar > example.net In the Basic tab, modify the Security entry and set the ExtApp Set UID Mode to CGI File UID

Also check out this documentation

I have to do this for all domains? Because, I have more than 49 domains hosted on this panel. So, I have to do this process for all domains.

Question: Does this process will increase Inodes or I didn’t face Inodes exhaust problem in future after doing this process. Or if i was wrong then please tell me about this.

cgroups isloates resources by accounts. So this has to be done for all users and virtual hosts if required.

If you set a CPUQuota of 10% for a user, all accesses by the user must not exceed 10%. This includes those in OLS and user login sessions. All will be shared fairly by the operating system. If you start more processes, the total percentage for the user does not change, but each process runs a bit slower so as to avoid monopolizing the CPU.

OLS setup starts with User Configuration via Drop-in files (recomended) and finally an OLS setup including the VHost Configuration

Screenshot 2022-10-25 163353

Again Inodes uses increased by 3% without hosting any domain. When Inodes was 100% uses, I’m not able to do any thing then i faced server error 505. After that I increased volume stroage by 10GB then Inodes changed to 100% uses to 86% uses. But, again it was increasing automatically. I’m afraid now because how much storage i have to increase. Because when i check storage uses then its shows only 37% uses, 63% is waist and i haved to pay for 63% storage.

I increased 30Gb one by one because Inodes was always full in few days after incresing the volume. This is very serious issue. I will provide you the screenshot of list of files which is using most Inodes. The in left side of file name is Inodes uses.

You can also check my storage uses in below screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 164313

Please provide me method form which i find out the useless file which is eating more Inodes. And any method to modify the Inodes.

Now Inodes uses increase by 3% more. Means in few hours Inodes uses increased by 6% and after some time Inodes was full and again I’m in big trouble because, when Inodes was full I’m not able to do any things. After that it will again gives me server error 500 while opening 8090 port. This is big issue, I’m very afraid about this issue. I already increased 30 to 40 Gb in few weeks because of Inodes issue. But, still I’m facing this issue. Do you please check why this problem was happening.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 221116

I hope you will understand my situation. After few hours Inodes uses become full and I’m not able to do anything. I’m deleted many wordperss sites but still it Inodes uses was increasing.

Hello, would you rollback the server to a later date i.e when you first installed cyberpanel?