How To Create subdomain?

Is it possible to create subdomain in cyberpanel? I didn’t see the option. I want to create a subdomain like cpanel has, ie: sub.mydomain.com. Please advice. Thank you.

1 Like

Have a look at:

https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=child-domains-launcher

1 Like

I tried create domain based on that docs. Here’s the scenario:

1. My main domain is “mydomain.com
  2. I create child domain with address “private.mydomain.com

When I try to access private.mydomain.com it doesn’t work. It only works if I access it with mydomain.com/private.mydomain.com. Is there anyway to make it work like the one I need (private.mydomain.com) or I just have to revert back to cPanel to make it work that way?

Please advice. Thank you.

I tried create domain based on that docs. Here's the scenario:
  1. My main domain is “mydomain.com
  2. I create child domain with address “private.mydomain.com

When I try to access private.mydomain.com it doesn’t work. It only works if I access it with mydomain.com/private.mydomain.com. Is there anyway to make it work like the one I need (private.mydomain.com) or I just have to revert back to cPanel to make it work that way?

Please advice. Thank you.

It is supposed to work the way you are describing. The only thing can go wrong here is DNS records.

Your child.mydomain.com also points to server IP? (Also possible that record is not propagated yet)

If yes please delete and re-create the child domain. If that does not fix the issue, please create a support ticket.

I see. So we have to create another DNS record for the subdomain. It works in that way. But the question is, it doesn’t work like cpanel? Because in cpanel we only create subdomain without worrying about the DNS record. It’s done automatically.

Have a look at change-log [CyberPanel Docs]

1.6.4 RC

Not sure which version you are on but it auto creates DNS records normally (if nothing has gone wrong). You might want to check CyberPanel main log file.

I just install it and it is the latest version. It doesn’t create DNS for subdomain automatically. Tried adding DNS manually in the panel but still didn’t work. I have to add the DNS record manually from the cloudflare to make it works.

I just install it and it is the latest version. It doesn't create DNS for subdomain automatically. Tried adding DNS manually in the panel but still didn't work. I have to add the DNS record manually from the cloudflare to make it works.

If DNS is managed at CloudFlare, records created at CyberPanel will not take effect.

I got it now. So have to create my own nameserver first on the server. Thank you so much!