Disk usage increasing & how to add more resources

Hi Team,

I have been monitoring my disk usage from past one week, as I am currently hosting cyberpanel on GCP so at the time of installation I choose 25GB SSD as storage for VM.

I only have 2 wordpress installation & haven’t configured any backup’s currently. Last week my disk usage were around 22% after installing 2 website with some demo content & now it’s showing 29% check this image here–> Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

While 2 days back it was showing 26% disk usage, also I recently upgraded to version 1.9.

So can you tell me if their some kind logs or backup that is generated & stored on the server, if yes how can I clean to recover any disk space.

Also please tell me how can I add more storage as in If I add disk space to the Virtual machine will cyberpanel recognize it automatically after a server reboot or I need to follow some more steps.

Thanks.

Since upgrading to 1.8.9, disk usage is increasing automatically. My 200 GB disk filled up within a week. It was only around 15GB before updating to 1.8.9

Can you guys try this guide https://www.tecmint.com/find-top-large-directories-and-files-sizes-in-linux/

Try to find large directores/files. I don’t think this is related to v1.8.9.

Can you guys try this guide https://www.tecmint.com/find-top-large-directories-and-files-sizes-in-linux/

Try to find large directores/files. I don’t think this is related to v1.8.9.

For me, it’s my /usr/local/lsws/logs folder that is full of error log files (29GB right now) after a week of usage.

How can I disable logging or set this up so that I don’t have to manually empty the folder.

Hi @CyberPanel

Is their any option in Cyberpanel where can we enable automatic deletion of log files older than few days or week .

Error log files accumulate very fast, hope you consider this. If their is no option presently to do so with user interface instead of manually deleting via command line.

bump @CyberPanel

@Endda

Take a look → https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/comment/5875/#Comment_5875

Find the big files first.

@Endda

Take a look → https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/comment/5875/#Comment_5875

Find the big files first.

I already told you where the files were. . .

“For me, it’s my /usr/local/lsws/logs folder that is full of error log files (29GB right now) after a week of usage.”

and then I asked a direct way of resolving the issue too. . .

"How can I disable logging or set this up so that I don’t have to manually empty the folder.
"

bump

bump

bump… @CyberPanel

Are they errors of a website or of the litespeed itself?

change log keep days to like 7 days vs 30 for highly active sites and possibly switch off the Debug

grep log /usr/local/lsws/conf/httpd_config.xml

$SERVER_ROOT/logs/error.log 0 10M 1 1 $SERVER_ROOT/logs/access.log 10M 30 <<<<<<<<<change 0

I looked into this again and see I’m getting tons of rotated error logs.

[root@wcloud:/usr/local/lsws/logs]# ls -lah
total 5.2G
drwxr-x— 2 root nobody 68K Oct 8 14:05 .
drwxr-xr-x 26 root root 4.0K Sep 30 11:28 …
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 792 Sep 30 13:06 access_log
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 15K Sep 30 12:30 access.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 1.4M Oct 8 12:08 auditmodsec.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 6.2M Oct 8 14:31 error.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 3.2M Sep 30 12:47 error.log.2019_09_30
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 2.3M Sep 30 13:04 error.log.2019_09_30.01
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 1.2M Sep 30 13:09 error.log.2019_09_30.02
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 3.5M Sep 30 13:18 error.log.2019_09_30.03
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 12M Sep 30 13:34 error.log.2019_09_30.04
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 11M Sep 30 14:17 error.log.2019_09_30.05
-rw-r–r-- 1 nobody nobody 11M Sep 30 14:43 error.log.2019_09_30.06

Checking most of these error logs are under 7 days old.
[root@wcloud:/usr/local/lsws/logs]# find /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log.* -mtime +7 -type f | wc -l

The majority of these are within a day old which is outrageous.
[root@wcloud:/usr/local/lsws/logs]# find /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log.* -mtime +1 -type f | wc -l
[root@wcloud:/usr/local/lsws/logs]#

After cleared:
[root@wcloud:/usr/local/lsws/logs]# du -h /usr/local/lsws/logs/
1.5G /usr/local/lsws/logs/
[root@wcloud:/usr/local/lsws/logs]#

There is an even easier way to fix this if you do not want to change the keepdays or logging level via the Litespeed web admin panel.

Use the below in a cronjob adjusted for how long you want the oldest files to be.
0 1 * * * find /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log.* -mtime +1 -type f delete >/dev/null 2>&1

The -mtime is the time of the file age. Anything older than 1 day will be selected for deletion in this example.

find /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log.* -mtime +1 -type f delete

I highly advise first testing it without the delete directive to ensure it’s finding the desired files which are taking up space.

find /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log.* -mtime +1 -type f

As it logs “error.log.*” this is why my example is this way.

Once you tested it then you can test with the delete option and if that works to your liking simply set it up as a cronjob via the root user.

find /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log.* -mtime +1 -type f delete

Once decided on the command create the job as root user.
crontab -e
0 1 * * * find /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log.* -mtime +1 -type f delete >/dev/null 2>&1

Enjoy no more worries about disk space. :slight_smile:

This is going to be way easier than trying to set up logrotate on top of the rotation litespeed/openlitespeed already has going.

Type your comment> @Endda said:

(Quote)
For me, it’s my /usr/local/lsws/logs folder that is full of error log files (29GB right now) after a week of usage.

How can I disable logging or set this up so that I don’t have to manually empty the folder.

facing same problem