Cyberpanel 2.0.0 Filemanager issue

I have installed cyberpanel 2.0.0 on myserver and created a website and used php 7.3 on the website. website is working but there is a problem with the cyberpanel filemanager as i can’t able to download the zip files from the panel. when i click on the file and click on the download button then it redirects me to 403 Forbidden page and also there is no file downloaded.

please help me resolve this issue.

Not recommended. I just tried, gave error 500. A cyberpanel @localhost cannot connect. Looks like a mysql error.

@xinen yes i have successfully upgraded to the latest version 2.0.1

I have used 02 - Upgrading CyberPanel - 01 - Install/Upgrade - CyberPanel Community this for the upgrade.

Weird, mine wasn’t successful at first run. The mysql got deleted. But I tried with a new server, and upgraded, and it was now okay. Ughh. Thanks for confirming.

@xinen said:
Weird, mine wasn’t successful at first run. The mysql got deleted. But I tried with a new server, and upgraded, and it was now okay. Ughh. Thanks for confirming.

no problem

@xinen said:
Weird, mine wasn’t successful at first run. The mysql got deleted.

Uhaa, I’ll wait for a stable release, do not want to lose some data :frowning:

Is it safe to update yet?

@Hifihedgehog i have updated my server and didn’t receive any error.

i had followed this link 02 - Upgrading CyberPanel - 01 - Install/Upgrade - CyberPanel Community this for the upgrade

I just run cyberpanel upgrade
some warning: _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires compiling with optimization (-0) [-Wcpp]
Anyway, the final message was: CyberPanel Upgraded
But in version management appear 2.0 latest 2.0

The file manager still has a problem with downloading files:
403 Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

:))) until I read the text on console, the timer was running out and automatically started the upgrade to latest stable :)))

I’ll run the upgrade script again after it finished the current one :slight_smile:

Got an [05.10.2020_21-31-20] Upgrade Completed but then
OSError: [Errno 26] Text file busy: ‘/usr/local/CyberCP/bin/python3’
command failed, exiting…

However, checking version number shows me on 2.0 build 1.

So, still getting the 403 when trying to download the backup, here’s how I solved it for now:
I moved the backup from /home to /public_html and pressed the ‘Fix Permissions’ button. Permissions fixed and download your backup.

@themew Go to your website file manager and click on fix permission

@vowelweb21 Nope, doesn’t work. Permissions are -rw------- so there’s no way to download it and fixing permissions won’t work in the backup folder as well.

Also noticed I can simply edit the file permissions to 755 or 777 (whichever you prefer) in the download folder to download the file directly.
Going back to the webpanel and clicking the delete option removes the backup file.

Considering this is very secure, since only root can edit the file permissions on the backup, plus it’s behind the public_html folder. I can deal with this on a daily basis. :slight_smile:

Try PHP 7.3 instead of 7.4. this will solve the problem.

Hi @Bipul Changing PHP to 7.3 or 7.2 had no affect. Still seeing the same issue with CP 2.0.1 but still manageable by editing the root permission. Actually, it’s a nice security feature :slight_smile: