can not be uploaded, Error message: Not allowed to move in this path, please choose location inside

I am getting a permission error when I am trying to upload a file to the public_html folder.

Tried it logged in both as admin and the user and tried the fix permissions.

Any suggestions?

hi
I have the same problem

“can not be uploaded, Error message: Not allowed to move in this path, please choose location inside home!”

Can anyone help me?

1 Like

I upgraded cyberpanel to version 2.0.1
problem solved.

1 Like

hi
I have the same problem

“can not be uploaded, Error message: Not allowed to move in this path, please choose location inside home!”

Can anyone help me?

1 Like

Same issue for me but I can confirm it only happens with some files and not all.
Did you get this fixed?
I saw some people upgraded to 2.0.1 and it was resolved but I’m not able to upgrade to 2.0.1. It says successfully upgraded but when checking the version in the UI it’s showing Current Version 2.0.
I reinstalled from scratch and specified 2.0.1 and it’s still showing 2.0

Same issue for me but I can confirm it only happens with some files and not all.
I’m not able to upgrade to 2.0.1. It says successfully upgraded but when checking the version in the UI it’s showing Current Version 2.0.
I reinstalled from scratch and specified 2.0.1 and it’s still showing 2.0 and the issue continues. any further suggestions?

Same error here, I cant upload.
Already tried the related fixes but it does not work.
Version 2.0.3

I renamed the file from:
nextend-social-login-pro-3.0.25-package (1).zip

to:

nextend-social-login-pro si.zip

And I was able to upload the file.

2 Likes

New install of Cyberpanel 2.1 on Ubuntu 18.04, same stupid nonsense problem. The solution provided on the docs or forum are not working.

Please try to remove parentesis from the file name you are trying to upload as well as other special characters if any. That’s the only thing that works for me.

Refer to “svenms” example above.

Type your comment> @svenms said:

I renamed the file from:
nextend-social-login-pro-3.0.25-package (1).zip

to:

nextend-social-login-pro si.zip

And I was able to upload the file.

I removed () form file name and it worked!
Thank you!

1 Like

yes it worked. thanks you

change your uploaded file name nikhil(1).zip to nikhil.zip
rename the file without bracket you can upload your file

Just testing v2.3, this bug still there. Hope CyberPanel team fix the error message when prevent uploading filename with bracket, or better allow it.