Stuck to make snappymail to work for 5 days now

i have been stuck to make snappymail to work for 5 days now , so i want to install roundcube with cyberpanel is this possible ?

May i know what are issues with snapy?

I have another post with fully detailed issue , i cannot login to snappymail , i always get an authentication error and i cannot fix this no matter how hard i tried

I have another post with fully detailed issue , i cannot login to snappymail , i always get an authentication error and i cannot fix this no matter how hard i tried

This might help you.

https://community.cyberpanel.net/t/install-roundcube-on-cyberpanel-with-multiple-domains-and-tls/34826

1 Like

Hello guys,

actually the Snappymail should work just fine, so the problem is somewhere else.

Installing roundcube is not for those you have problems with snappymail, but for those who need roundcube for business reasons. Snappymail should work fine and I suggest you check the issue first and solve it. Can you provide further information so we can help you?

In fact, in your logs it’s shown that this is an imap fail to login, so the same thing will happen with roundcube. It’s easier to figure out how to work with Snappy first, and then go to roundcube, which is trickier to set up.

Best regards!

I installed cyberpanel with the sh command on the website and it installed perfectly then i created the reverse proxy DNS and i added name servers then added the new dns records to cloudflare and everything works perfectly except when i create an email it always says Authentication Failed and inside dovecot it says crypt() function failed , i guess there is something wrong with the password checking because it gives a green light while testing Snappy with the admin dashboard without a password but when i test email/pass inside imap smtp it always fails because of the authentication , i tried alot to solve this problem but its not working at all.

here is also the errors i am facing

Please write us the steps you followed after your installation of CP to create your emails and login.

E.g. you created the domain. After that, you created the email account with a proper password from Email-> Create Email? And after that, you try to access the webmail from Email->Access Webmail and when you enter the credentials above you get this error?

Also, you tried to simply restore the password and that didnt work also?

Secondly, do you have another test domain to test it by creating new email accounts and trying to login there?

Thanks

I installed cyberpanel with the sh command after the installation

i logged in to cyberpanel and first thing i do is creating the DNS by creating ns1,ns2 name servers and save it after that i create DNS Records domain + ns1.domain + IP for reverse name servers 1 and 2 then i clicked on add records and copy pasted everything inside cloudflare after that i changed port to 8443 because cloudflare blocks port 8090 by default

then i created a website with my domain and everything works fine until now

also when i login to SnappyMail Admin dashboard it works fine and IMAP & SMTP works well without password when i click test and they gives the green light that everything is working but when i go to create Email and create an email in the dashboard its saved successfully inside e_users into mysql database but when i login i get Authentication Failed all of the time even if the password is right or wrong always the same error but i noticed something inside dovecot that it says crypt() is not a function when i try to login

I am not sure if something wrong with password authentication or its something else.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. The DNS part is irrelevant as this is imap specific. Seems like you were right and that crypt() function is responsible.

Maybe check this article, which seems to the point:

Check if your Dovecot is 2.3.x as our friend here suggests, and if it is not, then you got the case. I see others have find the solution with these steps, so take a look.

Best regards!

Thank you , The first error is gone but i am getting this error now something wrong with IMAP

Jun 05 02:27:08 domain.com dovecot[552]: imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed (auth failed, 1 attempts in 14 secs): user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secure
Jun 05 02:27:51 domain.com dovecot[552]: imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured, session=<J9E9plj9jr5/AAAB>
Jun 05 02:28:00 domain.com auth[6370]: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): check pass; user unknown
Jun 05 02:28:00 domain.com auth[6370]: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=dovecot [email protected]=127.0.0.1
Jun 05 02:28:13 domain.com dovecot[552]: imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed (auth failed, 1 attempts in 13 secs): user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secure

forgot to mention that i am using a vps with cloudflare and i have my ns1 as ipv4 address and ns2 as ipv6 address , not sure if this is the issue or not.