[bug] ftp create account - error

@usmannasir | @josephgodwinke

In the previous version 2.3.3, everything was OK with the FTP functions. After upgrading, this no longer works…

How is a field with 7 characters considered Long? I tried it with 1, 2 or 3 characters and still nothing.

Why mess around?

Then it’s very hard to even believe that they’re not trying to complicate things. :slight_smile:

You did not bother to provide any details at all, specially I needed your os: How to ask for assistance?

Hi, this was a test server. I always upgrade on the test server before upgrading on the main server.

I have deleted this server and will start over tomorrow, so I will be able to see and capture all the details.

To advance something:

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
16Gb RAM
4VCPU Intel Cascade Lake

Panel version 2.3.4

I add that, by the error shown, it does not seem to be a problem in the FTP service, because I was able to access users already created previously. Only after upgrading to the latest version did you experience this error in the account creation form. It seems to be a problem in the code itself.

All other options of attempted fixes I tried, to no avail. So I don’t think it was a server issue.

But I was unsure if there was a problem “during the update”, this is more likely, so I will repeat the steps tomorrow. Trying to fix the server without being sure if it was during the update, would be more of a waste of time and so deletes.

I need to know exactly where this bug was so that this doesn’t happen on the main server. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe this bug was caused by this commit: bug fix: ftp issue on ubuntu22 · usmannasir/cyberpanel@9ddf7f9 · GitHub

Let me further check

But it was Ubuntu 20.04, tomorrow I will repeat this, install version 2.3.3 and follow with the update. To see the details, then I open a bug report there on GitHub along with the others I need to report. :slight_smile:

I always face problems, but I have a habit of solving on my own, although it is very frustrating at times, however, maybe now I can get some time to report and so help.

check https://github.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/commit/9ddf7f9378a52b8ee43c75343da22a23320e1f23

1 Like

Yes it was for Ubuntu 22, but looks like it created issue for ubuntu 20

Resolved: bug fix in ftp creation for ubuntu 20: https://community.cyberpanel.n… · usmannasir/cyberpanel@2d534a9 · GitHub

Tested on our server as well, you just need to upgrade, its Ubuntu 20 specific only.

1 Like

Very good, the trigger was genius. This works now, so I don’t even need to test further.

I tried something yesterday, but to no avail.

I will test all other features in a bit, to proceed with the upgrade of the main server.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.