Best practices config?

Hi all, I am brand new to CyberPanel, and come from a cPanel and most recently, Runcloud background re: hosting management.

I’m a bit confused with the setup options for adding sites. Why does CyberPanel offer ability to setup a site on base install, switch to cloudlinux, containerization, docker? Is there one method that you suggest as best practice?

Our use case for this server as a boat-load of small wordpress installations.

Thanks in advance.

This isn’t the answer you’re looking for, but CyberPanel offers these things so that people who need them have them. If you don’t already know the answer to your question, then this might not be a good venture to be undertaking…

Thanks Nick - which configuration would you chose to go with if you were hosting ~100 wordpress installs?

I have no idea. Perhaps someone else will. But there’s documentation on most of this, if not here then certainly on the relevant sites (e.g. Cloud Linux).

If you offer shared hosting to clients then CloudLinux is way to go.

Do you know how to use Docker? If you want to host boat load of small WP sites, better get a small dedicated server or virtual dedicated.

1 Like

I am currently using CyberPanel to manage all my WordPress sites. Cyberpanel makes the job easier. I have a starter WP site that I duplicate as a starting point for all my projects… Mainly use the file manager with the Duplicator plugin to install new sites.

I used Docker just to get the gist of it… Neither do I really understand docker, but the CyperPanel docker features seem limited – Assigning ports was a hassle; the images did not work, if the port wasn’t set to default which wasn’t really ideal (tried to deploy budibase which requires 2 or 3 images to run together, I could not understand – instead deployed the Digital Ocean Droplet)

For WP it provides good features like Firewall, CafeFS, MailScanner, DNS Hosting, Email Hosting.