Backup Not Removing Old Backups

I need the backup tool to keep only last x days backup and automatically remove the old ones but here it keeps on piling up leading to no disk space on my server. Kindly look into it on an urgent basis.

@CyberPanel Will anyone bother to respond here ? My server is crashing every few days due to this.

What kind of backups are you using in CyberPanel?

@CyberPanel I’m using regular backup feature. Incremental Backup has been introduced recently but before using it I need to turn off the old one. Inspite of turning off old backups, still backups are being generated.

@CyberPanel Note that I am using CyberPanel Enterprise License and inspite of that there is zero support. My site is crashing every now and then.

No worries, you can open ticket here → https://platform.cyberpanel.net/

Mention ticket ID here, I will get to it. It looks like your backups are running multiple times. Regarding backup deletion after some days we can look into it as a new feature very soon.

@CyberPanel Ticket Created #306556. Kindly look into it on an urgent basis.

Looks like you have created this ticket on https://store.litespeedtech.com

I’ve already replied and fixed that bug.

On latest CP version I am experiencing same issue, website keeps going down as 160gb disc space is exhausted. Site alone should be using beteeen 20-30GB

I dont see any full site backups to delete via panel or ftp.
Deleting incremental backups doesn’t resolve issue.

Any steps I can take to resolve this please?

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Just so you folks know. If you guys are probably running out of space, it RARELY is due to backup. Check LITESPEED Log → If not set to NONE in type, it will fill the disk in a few days. Take care of that. Only set loggin ON if you guys have huge disks during debugging, or momentarily during debugging in not so big disks. I just solved this for a server of my own (filled in 7 days about 200 GBs just from logs).

Don’t know if it’s added as feature by now but you can simply a similar cron job for removing x days old backups:

find /backup_location/ -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \\

@saurabhliv said:
@CyberPanel Note that I am using CyberPanel Enterprise License and inspite of that there is zero support. My site is crashing every now and then.

So naive to expect “support” once you’ve given your money.