Are these resources enough for a VPS to host a site and mail server at the same time?

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie to VPS Hosting and Hosting in general. I have recently purchased a VPS 2 plan from Hostinger which has 2 GB of RAM and 2 CPU cores.
I am currently hosting a NodeJS application on it and using ejs as my templating language for the front-end side. I didn’t install any Panel for managing the hosting, I am just running Nginx as a reverse proxy on Ubuntu 22.04.
My question is: are these resources enough for hosting both the site and the mail server or should I upgrade for a better plan? I want to use CyberPanel to manage the mail server to avoid the complexity of setting up the mail server. The site is not expected to have a lot of traffic, it is a student consulting company’s website. I want to have about 5-10 emails at most.

Thank you in advance for your time :slight_smile:

Cyberpanel might be overkill for just running a email server especially if you’re not using all of its other features.

Maybe try iRedMail.

In your case, I would opt for a common hosting plan from the hostinger itself as you mentioned.

This would already include hosting the website + professional emails with greater authority. :slight_smile:

Departing for a VPS, it is only good for specific needs of applications that no longer support running on common hosting or that have a reasonable number of traffic.

Starting for a VPS in order to meet this basic need, this will only bring you headache and unnecessary work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That really depends have multiply clients that using vps services at my company with 2GB RAM and 2 CPU with a lot of traffic.
That could easy put 10 websites on it really depend also what they running.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it a try

Yeah I know it is very troublesome, but as I know, the only plan that supports running NodeJS applications in Hostinger is the VPS hosting. And Hostinger is better than all other providers in terms of price

That’s good news, thank you