Apache as Backend

I only use cyberpanel for testing, the free version of litespeed has significant limitations compared to the paid version, so I still think nginx is a better alternative today.

I think OLS is great, but it’s true it does have limitations compared to Litespeed Enterprise, which is why we pay for the Enterprise version and use Cyberpanel with it. Nginx is also fantastic and any of the above are significantly faster in my experience than Apache.

Open for all, please. Everyone donate! :slight_smile:

I came to CyberPanel to escape Apache, but I support this feature if I am able to never use it.

I know I am in the minority here, but I really dislike this idea.

Mixing web servers and using one as a proxy for another generally just seems to overcomplicate and to reduce the performance gains you make from moving away from Apache in the first place.

I know people commonly do it with Nginx and Apache, but I’ve tried that approach and always prefer Nginx alone

There is nothing conclusive about their work together yet, it’s something new, we need to do more testing on litespeed performance with apache, which is why we need this to be released to everyone so we can see if the results will be good or bad.

I only use cyberpanel for testing, the free version of litespeed has significant limitations compared to the paid version, so I still think nginx is a better alternative today.

Its common knowledge that having something act as proxy will add overhead even when fully optimized, with the recent version of litespeed 5.4, this makes my site much more faster by 5-10x compared to OLS. If people are at a stage where they need complex .htaccess rules, i would suggest to just stay with apache + phpfpm where there won’t be any overhead & restrictions. I am not advocating that default cyberpanel + ols is useless, using cyberpanel + ols for apps which arent made complex by their developers on 5 vps, only my important sites which needs more speed, i am using litespeed ent.

New Comer, I support this +22 or something

+25

I also support this idea.

Definitely need this!

I need that as well. Please!!!

Type your comment> @CyberPanel said:

So there is one down vote now.

Well, guys. It seems it is counting only downvotes.

+1

This is exactly what I am facing with my hosting as OpenLiteSpeed is not working well, rather Apache. Yet, I prefer OpenLiteSpeed to power the site

++1 :smile:

@usmannasir please help us with this.

Type your comment> @Mysterious_Beans said:

I know I am in the minority here, but I really dislike this idea.

Mixing web servers and using one as a proxy for another generally just seems to overcomplicate and to reduce the performance gains you make from moving away from Apache in the first place.

I know people commonly do it with Nginx and Apache, but I’ve tried that approach and always prefer Nginx alone

+1
so far everything fine…
except for the feature…

i supprot you too. i use drupal and can not use it in litespeed. apache will be very good for everybody i think. Everythink is perfect in cyberpanel. it perfect panel except apache web server.

I also support you

Just curious why you can not use Drupal on LiteSpeed - we have a client who has Drupal running on one of our OLS servers and it seems to be running without any issues.

I add my vote to this. Not having apache is a major reason not to use CyberPanel and don’t really see it as viable to use, so I have to try other panels because this lacks Apache support.

Also NGINX support should be possible, but especially Apache as a backend.

Looking forward to this