Adding SSL Error

Hi,

Since latest update (1.8.9), I cannot add SSL using the Add SSL button.
I like to paste in Cert & Key from CloudFlare and when hitting save, I get this error,

Could not connect to server. Please refresh this page.

Please advise.

On my end it works. Can’t reproduce.

Which logs shall I check for errors?

CyberPanel main log file → Log files on CyberPanel - 14 - Logging & Troubleshooting - CyberPanel Community

I see this,

[03-46-59-Sun-Aug-2019] 283 Failed to obtain SSL for domain. [issueSSLForDomain] [createVirtualHost]
[04-32-52-Sun-Aug-2019] Trying to obtain SSL for: website.net and: www.website.net
[04-33-00-Sun-Aug-2019] Successfully obtained SSL for: website.net and: www.website.net

I should also mention that this only happens on the /manageSSL/manageSSL and when trying to enter my own custom certificates. Hostname and Mailserver SSL work just fine.

Hi,

Since latest update (1.8.9), I cannot add SSL using the Add SSL button.
I like to paste in Cert & Key from CloudFlare and when hitting save, I get this error,

Could not connect to server. Please refresh this page.

Please advise.

Why are you trying to use origin certificates from cloudflare for your site, just issue a free letsencrypt cert & use full strict setting on cloudflare.

Just a preference, although that’s not the point. It’s supposed to work, it used to work, and now it doesn’t.

Type your comment> @jayw said:

Just a preference, although that’s not the point. It’s supposed to work, it used to work, and now it doesn’t.

Can you find the solution? Now I am faced with the same issue and I am totally confused