500 error on phpmyadmin link

After two years I started to build a new server (VDS with root, 6 CPU, 16 RAM), using AlmaLinux 8.7 with CP v2.3.2. I have DNS & SSH & SSL & Firewall working and have some empty domains created. I had not touched the OLS yet.

I’m stuck at phpmyadmin link in the Databases - > PHPMyAdmin → click button menu. It opens a new tab waits a lot and eventually returns a 500 page.

Re-install and Update scripts, cache cleaning did not help.

The request is like (/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel/logs/access log):

24.133.236.96 - - [20/Jan/2023:19:22:58 +0100] "GET /phpmyadmin/phpmyadminsignin.php?username=admin&token=A-TOKEN-HERE HTTP/1.1" 500 1240 "https://MY-DOMAIN.TLC:MYPORT/dataBases/phpMyAdmin" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"

(I changed the port)

Here are some errors in the logs:

/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel/logs/errorlog

2023-01-21 07:58:01.058437 [INFO] [24.133.236.96:42217] Content len: 0, Request line: 
GET /phpmyadmin/phpmyadminsignin.php?username=admin&token=XA4nskaGDcplrc HTTP/1.1

2023-01-21 07:58:01.058445 [INFO] [24.133.236.96:42217] HttpExtConnector state: 8, request body sent: 0, response body size: -2, response body sent:61, left in buffer: 0, attempts: 1.

2023-01-21 08:05:58.081839 [NOTICE] [24.133.236.96:42610] No request delivery notification has been received from LSAPI application, possible dead lock.

2023-01-21 08:53:07.008030 [NOTICE] [24.133.236.96:43867] ExtConn timed out while processing.
2023-01-21 08:53:08.611725 [INFO] [24.133.236.96:43867] Connection idle time too long: 301 while in state: 6 watching for event: 0, close!

CP main log file

[01.20.2023_18-44-13] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

[01.20.2023_23-00-03] [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/cyberpanel/git'. [IncScheduler.git:90]

[01.21.2023_01-00-01] [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'postmap': 'postmap'. [ProcessUtilities.normalExecutioner.Base]

Happy New Year @bozden

Reinstall phpmyadmin

$ mv /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin_old
$ wget -v https://github.com/josephgodwinkimani/cyberpanel-mods/raw/main/phpmyadmin.zip
$ unzip phpmyadmin.zip

Now visit https://SERVER_URL:8090/phpmyadmin

1 Like

Happy new year to you too :slight_smile:

Do I need to move it to the original place and/or handle some chmod?

Django complains about if it is under root I think:

Using the URLconf defined in CyberCP.urls, Django tried these URL patterns, in this order:
^base/
^ ^$ [name='adminLogin']
^ ^verifyLogin$ [name='verifyLogin']
^ ^logout$ [name='logout']
^packages/
^websites/
^tuning/
^ftp/
^serverstatus/
^dns/
^users/
^dataBases/
^email/
^serverlogs/
^firewall/
^backup/
^managephp/
^manageSSL/
^api/
^filemanager/
^emailPremium/
^manageservices/
^configservercsf/
^plugins/
^emailMarketing/
^cloudAPI/
^docker/
^container/
^CloudLinux/
^IncrementalBackups/
^Terminal/

The current path, phpmyadmin/, didn't match any of these.

Can it be because I changed the port?

I do not understand this question. Where do you want to move phpmyadmin to?

I meant to: /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin

Any folders here /usr/local/CyberCP/public/ will be served using the url https://server_url:8090/mycoolwebapphere this can be adminer etc no virtualhost is required

1 Like

It gave 500 error when I moved it under /usr/local/CyberCP/public.

I tried update (removed loaded one and replaced with the one you proposed), restart the server etc.

It can be related to other stuff. Let me play with OLS setup a bit, the following error may be the cause:

No request delivery notification has been received from LSAPI application, possible dead lock.

I saw this error but i ignored it becuase No request delivery notification has been received from LSAPI application, possible dead lock · Issue #304 · litespeedtech/openlitespeed · GitHub

Do you now this: What are the PHP version allowed by the whole OLS + CP config?

I have chosen PHP 8.1 on CP, now I find this very interesting:

No lsphp file under PHP 8.1 in OLS…

You can use any php version available php 7.2 to php 8.1. This should be available on latest version of cyberpanel. Do an upgrade of your cYberpanel

What I don’t understand is, lsphp resides only under lsphp73.

I installed the extensions manually for php 7.4 and 8.1. Curious, shouldn’t CP install them whenever I select a specific version if they do not exist?

The original problem continues thou…

I believe the issue is here. I have almalinux installed in several servers and the only version i can confidently say works perfectly is 8.3 to 8.4 only. Those servers have never presented any issues this far concerning php 7.4 - 8.1 (probably ioncube for 8.0 which no known version exists). They run on stable branch

I initially read about AlmaLinux 8.6 support, but the provider had only 8.7 image to load.

I narrowed it down thou. Now I get a blank page, not a 500 error.
I switched the main domain to use PHP 7.4 to be sure (longer support time for bugs).

I get to phpmyadmin directory and run php index.php there and got:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcached.so' (tried: /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/memcached.so (/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/memcached.so: undefined symbol: php_json_decode_ex), /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/memcached.so.so (/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/memcached.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'redis.so' (tried: /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/redis.so (/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/redis.so: undefined symbol: php_json_decode_ex), /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/redis.so.so (/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/lib64/php/modules/redis.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

And I need to load also lsphp74-json (in PHP 8.x it is in code).

Now I can run php index.php without errors, but I still had a blank page.

After that, I enabled errors in PHP and finally got a screen!

With the following error at the bottom:

The $cfg['TempDir'] (/usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin/tmp) is not accessible. phpMyAdmin is not able to cache templates and will be slow because of this.

You need to install said php modules [TUTORIAL] How to install any PHP modules using PEAR Package Manager

php 7.4 has always been a safe bet for running an error free cyberpanel

You need to change permissions for /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin such as

$ chmod -R 777 /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin/tmp

Exactly what I did…

Now it works seamlessly by clicking the menu item.

Thank you for your help Joseph!

They were already loaded during the initial installation as I said Y to the options. On the other hand, for PHP versions < 8.0 also JSON module should be loaded, a missing step in the installation script I think.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.