1.9.4 - "Creating mail child domain.." unnecessary, produces error

Fresh installation of 1.9.4 today on of CentOS 7 VPS (Vultr). I did not install dovecot/postfix, I use a dedicated email provider instead.

So when I went to create a new website I get to the (new?) “Creating mail child domain…” step and then the process errors out:

Error message: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf’ [404]

Obviously this mail subdomain should be an optional step, or maybe even detected and skipped silently. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to create new website without this step, or if I have to wait for the next update.

…I’m curious to see if 1.9.4 clears up some ghosts in the machine that I haven’t been able to figure out in 1.9.3.

Noted.

Fixed → bug fix: create mail domain if mail services isntalled · usmannasir/cyberpanel@5d188ce · GitHub

@usmannasir said:

Fixed → bug fix: create mail domain if mail services isntalled · usmannasir/cyberpanel@5d188ce · GitHub

Awesome, will give it a shot

What are these new child domains mail.domain.tld?

The reason is this feature → How Do I Configure Multiple Domains and SSLs With Postfix? - General Discussion - CyberPanel Community