1.9.0 backup issues

@usmannasir said:
File does not seem OK, need to check.

Just tried again and it works well. This time took the latest backup and renamed to m.tar.gz

Does file name affect restore? Like 03_Sep.tar.gz

Another minor issue is that the MAIN panel that creates scheduled remote backup does not delete the file in /website/backup/ after sending to REMOTE panel.

Did you rename it yourself to 03_Sep.tar.gz CyberPanel didn’t use underscores.

@CyberPanel said:
Did you rename it yourself to 03_Sep.tar.gz CyberPanel didn’t use underscores.

Yes I did. It didn’t work so renamed to another.

So what’s left now is that the source panel does not delete the .tar.gz in /site/backup/ after successfully sending to remote panel.

Not all account backups going on remote server only 30% backup completing.

@CyberPanel scheduled backup does not restore well on remote panel. Database empty even though successfully restored.

Both 1.9.0

I have the same problem, I can not have a backup. panel says it is ready but the file is empty size. On the other hand, there is no .gz file in my ftp. how can I fix it? thank you.

@CyberPanel i can confirm the scheduled backups are not able to be restored (CRC fail, or restores incompletely), and after backup the source panel does not delete the .tar.gz so it accumulates.

please do check the backup issues again.

Later today or tomorrow I am going to look into this, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Strange. I tried both Remote Transfers and scheduled backups.

I restored the scheduled backup and it also worked fine (also on my end it was deleted from the source server).

Maybe I can check specifically on your server? Create ticket and mention ticket number here @cybertech

@CyberPanel @usmannasir

Remote Backup not working it’s more than a week now. Every day, I check my backup count and its only 20-30 % completing.

Hope will get it done urgently.

Strange. I tried both Remote Transfers and scheduled backups.

I restored the scheduled backup and it also worked fine (also on my end it was deleted from the source server).

Maybe I can check specifically on your server? Create ticket and mention ticket number here @cybertech

#N9GCT4

@cybertech , I too confirm. Remote Transfer Backup not working. Today, tested and found no public_html folder on the server.

@usmannasir @CyberPanel

It’s still “back up” everywhere in the UI, not “backup”? I guess it only affects grammar Nazis, but still. “Back up” = to move backwards, especially for a vehicle to do so.
Ex. that beeping sound indicates that the truck is backing up. “Backup” = a copy of a file or record, stored separately from the original, that can be used to recover the original if it is destroyed or damaged. :slight_smile:

So far it creates the folders but the folders are empty.

Is this a permissions issue with the location?

@w3services said:
@cybertech , I too confirm. Remote Transfer Backup not working. Today, tested and found no public_html folder on the server.

@usmannasir @CyberPanel

set up a new panel to remote transfer over so I can leave 2 x vps free to get it checked, again similar issue like before. It’s always the same few issues with scheduled backup + remote transfers that keep rotating around.

Current remote transfer workaround is to create backup to home (/home/www/backup/) and then scp over to new vps (/home/backup/) and then restore.

No longer have the luxury of time to repeat these tests.

Will be on a hiatus to learn about cronjobs from scratch.

@CyberPanel @cybertech @usmannasir

Anyone using any external backup solution since it may take time to fix?

Any solution to take full server backup daily. Inbuild feature not working and break in between even shifted remote backup to local disk.

Forum ---- > User please share/participate so that we help the product to improve. Do anyone else facing issue ??

@w3services

I recently did remote transfer for a user and it went fine and no other reports except you. I am not sure if CloudLinux is interfering with the backup process on your server.

@CyberPanel replied to a few days old ticket as i was preparing to shift production out. would you mind taking a look at it for a better idea of backup issues or is access not needed any more?

oh and SSL cert has expired

@cybertech

I will take a look now, SSL fixed.